Reviews for phyllidae
Keree chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
...wow...
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Whow, this positively blew my conscious from here to the moon. The expressions were wonderful. The descriptions and personifications of various natural elements add a truly special touch to this piece- it emphasizes the alienation that troubles the man walking by the stream. The nature of his life, in the form of the frozen dirt, the moss(sighing caterpillar was my favorite though) stifles his own ambitions for perception and, most crucially, expression. The particles of dirt scream for his humanity- his emotions, thoughts and feelings are filtered through the lame apparatus of his body. True expression- impossible. The ending is wonderful and lucid.
StarlightWish17 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
:O

So beautiful. Seriously. I'm completely blown away! Your description is just so lovely and your use of words are magnificent. Gah! Write another poem! :D Please?
Isca chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
"In November's morceau, his footsteps shall ignite. An oleander wilts; a caterpillar sighs; his willowy

structure drowns in the interstellar grove." I couldn't help but quote this entire passage. It's downright sacrosanct. November is my favourite month of the year, so obviously, I found myself very attracted to that line. The fire/nature/celestial imagery is wondrous.

"Asthenia buries his sound." I think I just stopped breathing. I'm very close to hyperventilating. Weakness muffled his sound...that's just...heart-wrenching and incredible. Wow.

"An angel meanders." I love that word. Meanders. It's awesome.

"Estrange his limbs." Phenomenal description.

The ending is amazing - the 'his humanity' and 'forgotten feathers' parts were breath-taking.

Amaury, you never cease to amaze me. Keep writing. I know it's selfish, but your work makes me happy, and I'd very much like to read more in the future. :)
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
This one BLEW ME AWAY. Usually I don't like choppy poems, but the short sentences and phrases in this really worked in this context.

I would tell you all of my favorite lines, but I'd end up reciting your whole poem to you : )

i dream about writing poetry as beautiful as this.
in theory chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I love how each "phrase" or whatever you want to call them is so fleeting. Like what I imagine insects/very small creatures' thoughts to be like. This is decadent.