Reviews for Untitled
MySatiah chapter 22 . 3/24/2013
Very interesting! I enjoyed reading this story, and found it particularly engaging because of the variety in chapter lengths and the variation between log entries, with some thoughts coherent, some not. It gave the reader insight into the inner workings of this woman's mind, causing us to wonder whether she was mad or not. Seeing as the house itself would be unable to kill her cat and then spread its mutilated remains in so many locations, the frequent blackouts present the best opportunity for her to do such things herself. That, and the boarded windows from the inside. But you never know; ambiguity is a wonderful thing.

The final chapter seemed weak compared to the one before it, but then again, it's difficult to conclude a narrative like this. I would suggest, if you write another story like this in the future, to leave out the questions in chapter 22. Continue to use the sterile responses of the editors, like you had been doing, but leave out their opinions. This gives a colder, more ominous atmosphere to their comments, whereas opinions come out as cheesy.

I certainly enjoyed this story, particularly because it is almost bedtime, and shall proceed to have wonderful dreams about haunted houses and crazy mad-women. Definitely a lot of stuff thrown in just a few words. Certainly recommended for future readers.
YnK chapter 13 . 12/9/2012
I think it's bad to wake up at 3am...
Roselynne Reyes chapter 22 . 11/2/2012
so Thats it?. I wish i knew what really happened and who is haunting the girl.
Common Sense chapter 7 . 11/1/2012
She should've left the house while she still can... read the whole thing
scared cat chapter 13 . 11/1/2012
oh god!
Manie Sans Delire chapter 22 . 9/14/2012
I am kind of freaked out right now.
(That is a very good thing.)
TheodoraSzue chapter 12 . 9/10/2012
Ok. That was so disgusting. I can't read it anymore. Well, at least not tonight. I'm supposed to be sleeping. The beginning of the story reminds me of Slender-man. Even saying his name scares me.
nickiandlogan chapter 22 . 9/6/2012
gosh. that creeped me out haha shouldent have read that before bed. Very good though!
Guest chapter 22 . 8/26/2012
That was really good. I was so good I stopped reading halfway through because I hate ghost stories. But then I wanted to find out what happened.
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu chapter 22 . 8/26/2012
And I thought fiction or fanfiction based on House of Leaves didn't exist.
Splendid work!
Corinna Tate chapter 22 . 8/25/2012
(clapping) Good job! A modern take on an old-fashioned ghost story. My only criticism would be that any researcher worth their salt would have tons of info on the woman, as well as the house.

You could compile this into one or two chapters, and use it as a springboard for a longer work. But since it's been finished for years, I'm sure that's not likely to happen.

I can't believe you crammed so much story into so few words. You did a great job of letting our own imaginations work against us. I'm going to recommend this on a forum I post to, just to show that short chapters don't mean the writer is skimping on the story.
Corinna Tate chapter 21 . 8/25/2012
Um... not sure where you're writing this from, but so much is public record when you plug a street address into a computer, at least here in the US. Very little is ever kept private for safety reasons these days.

Still nice way to wrap this up, without really wrapping it up.
Corinna Tate chapter 20 . 8/25/2012
Again with the warning. I really don't know how you're going to go beyond this, without having something jump out to scare us. Right now its fifteen after midnight, where I'm sitting here, reading this, and wondering what you could possibly do in the next two chapters.
Corinna Tate chapter 19 . 8/25/2012
Wow. I could see it ending here, and readers with torches and pitchforks hunting for you. Two more chapters. You know darn good and well we're going to click that button! At this point, I imagine you laughing your butt off, since YOU know what the heck it is we're not seeing.
Corinna Tate chapter 18 . 8/25/2012
This is so much like a take on those old haunted house stories. "I am the viper... I'm coming to vipe your vinders!"

But not. Thing is, you've painted this character just like any one of us. We can see ourselves, huddled there in the dark...
170 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »