Reviews for Question
the prophet apathetic chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
The first stanza really hooked me on this one, nicely done. I liked the second and sixth as well. The others seemed a little forced to me. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe the imagery seems a little over the top, being about satanic rites and such. Maybe you tried too hard to maintain the rhyme and structure.

Either way, it's a decent piece, and the overall question of identity and sincerity is an interesting topic.
Isca chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
"The old questions." I like the idea that some questions are universal.

"The inclination of Man's soul." A masterfully-written line.

"How many hold pure virtue?" I doubt that many in this world could boast of pure virtue.

"Does the Devil walk among us?" I adore this question. It's fascinating to ponder who around us is 'evil.' This question definitely suggests that it is often better not to rely too heavily upon others. You can only really trust yourself, I guess.

"How many fly on Sabbath Eve to Devil’s dance and dinners?" Considering my religious beliefs, this line should probably upset me, but I actually kind of like it - it's interesting to think of 'Witches' as 'Devil Worshippers' since it's something that society has engrained in our minds. On a sidenote, it's 'funny' that many people call neo-pagans/wiccans 'Devil Worhippers' when we don't even believe in a 'Satan' or a satanic entity. But, enough of my rambling. I'm glad that I took the time to read/review this poem - it's lovely. :)