Reviews for Et toi
AROSEO chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
sexy and well written. definitely paints a picture, but a kind of smoky/hazy one.
B. Alex Milligan chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
My God you are amazing. I saw that you reviewed something of mine a long time ago, and I thought I'd return the favour. Wow. Full of emotion, hidden agony, and an insatiable lust. My favourite kind of poety.

C'est magnifique!
The Immoralist chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
i can picture it in black and white. it's fabulous.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
This is excellent: the diction, emotion, and description.

I would love opinions from a talented writer like yourself on my work; it would mean a lot to me!
rippinghouse chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
this is exactly how i've always wanted to see

poetry that deals with (heavy) sexuality:

with a lot of commas and the sort of detail that

almost makes me think i have synesthesia for all

that i confuse the smells and images

from the dissolve of breath to the schnapps

to the fucked-lovely Lotus (which is absolute brilliance,)

and the tiny bit of epistrophe just about makes my day

because i am such a sucker for repetition.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
There’s a lot of smoldering sexuality in this creation - it’s hot, like it’s been dropped, and picked back up again hot.

I got a sense of being chased, you chasing them, them chasing you, the lines: ‘riding the coattails/of your words.’ were very amorous. It’s an intelligent kind of sexuality, no grunting shafts or moaning, just educative thought. I really enjoyed this piece, keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.

Jules, via the Review Marathon (links in my profile)
she smolders chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
In some ways, this poem reads a little different from the poetry I remember first reading of yours, but it is just as brilliant. The stories you weave with your words and the emotions always manage to leave me speechless. I really like the way certain words were capitalized in this, and the repeated phrase of "et toi" was an interesting touch. I enjoyed the second verse the most I think. Take care.