Reviews for The Photo
Sobriquets chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I liked your story a lot. The detail was amazing, and I loved the depth of the characters. These aren't your basic cookie cutter cliche characters, happy go lucky and unrealistic. Your character felt like real people, and made the story all the more enjoyable because I felt I could relate to them. They actually have problems.

And although your story was short and could have used a little more development, I do believe your story achieved what you were hoping for. Just a little snap shot of the family in question, a little taste to leave the rest up to the imagination of the reader. One thing I would've liked to see was some editing, but that can easily be achieved with a beta.

If I may, I'd suggest that you check out the new community Undi-Land, which was made for writers and readers, looking to discuss their writing, discuss novels and stories, or just to chat about life. You could also find a beta there. The community was created by the makers of Undiscovered, a site that tries to find "diamonds in the rough" on FictionPress, in association with SKoW awards. In fact, there are some SKoW judges on Undi-Land, and there willing to offer tips. I definitely recommend the community because it's a useful writing tool and resource.

Good Luck!

Sobriquets

PS Links are on my profile page if you're interested in either of the sites.