Reviews for An Archduke of New York City
Remi chapter 3 . 3/11/2020
Honestly, your fic is very well written and the concept is interesting, but I find it very hard to invest myself in it. Alex is a useless deadbeat and a disgusting, obnoxious asshole. Worse, he is proud of it. I just can't stand him and cannot bring myself to root for him.

I have much more empathy for Crown Prince Lukas and his reincarnation, but I wish they had more spine. They are the ones I wish to have a happy ending. I guess Luke will end up with the asshole, and I seriously hope that unlikable waste of space will clean up his act
Anon chapter 17 . 1/22/2017
Please, please, please for the love of god...complete the second portion. This cliff hanger it kills me. Every now and then I revisit the story to leave feeling empty handed and unsatisfied. Like listening to someone start a sentence and stop mid-way. Omg...I am dying. Please finish this. :(
hermionebear chapter 1 . 8/24/2016
This story had me hooked until the end! I don't know if you still plan a second half, I hope so, but anyway it was really good.
serwaverider chapter 5 . 8/20/2016
Bullying, cruelty, masochism or some sort of Stockholm syndrome not being my cup of tea this is where I stopped reading. Interesting use of language.
somersaultkick chapter 17 . 12/28/2015
This is so sad! Dammit. This is very emotional. Lukas didn't handle it well and I do hope that the lover living in New York won't make the same mistake. Ughhh
MizuAz chapter 17 . 4/17/2015
Oh, my GOD I loved this story! The concept was brilliant, the writing fantastic, the characters interesting, the plot twisting and surprising, and the ending...that was just fucking wonderful. You've got talent as a writer on all levels - style, flow, concepts, knowledge, spelling and grammar (which are sooo important!), story-telling ability...You did a beautiful job. I'm sad to see you've only got one story up, and I seriously hope you're still writing, somewhere, because it would be a huge waste of talent if you weren't, and the world always needs talented writers (especially of slash, in my opinion). Thank you for taking so much time and effort to craft this beauty so carefully, and for staying dedicated to your audience and finishing it. It's been years since this story was posted, but I still hope to see more from you!
Chevix chapter 17 . 4/16/2015
This is the second sad tragedy that I have read tonight though at least this one ended on a slightly happier note however I am much to depressed now and I think I really should go to bed rather then try my luck on another. Have to say I really loved the luckas and Felix story I could really imagine these dashing young nobles stumbling through love.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/12/2014
About how much he was saying how incompetent he was, Lukas was definitely working his charm on Romy. I loved it, this confidence that seemed to just come out of no where. Love this story, it's keeping me captivated so much and I'm so happy I found it.
Tinted Windows chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
That was beautiful. Can't decide whether to cry at Felix and Lukas or smile for Alex and Luke ahahaha. Omg though that was amazing, I normally dislike story where there is a switch between past and present, but this was done perfectly.
Meagan chapter 17 . 8/5/2013
Also, I'd like so say that you handled the switching first POVs pretty brilliantly. Never once did I confused the two. Their personalities shined.

Honestly, you are one heck of a writer.
Meagan chapter 17 . 8/5/2013
I'd only intended to skim the first chapter of this to see if it was any good, but you snagged me along for the whole evening - finishing the story in one go.

And, so, wow. You totally reduced me to tears, like sitting here with my mother-in-law watching Leno in the living room, and I'm bawling here in the dining room at my computer just... wretchedly bawling - as if no one could see me.

I would have loved to have finally seen the fruition of Alex's and Luke's relationship, but I understand why you ended it where you did. A promise; a possible lighter note to the story, or maybe even a bit more ominous with the last line. I definitely look forward to the "second half" of this story that you alluded to at the end of the last chapter.

I absolutely loved this part: "I loved him like the rain loves water and the leaves love the summer wind in late August. I loved him like a sailor's sky loves the sunset, and the North Star the rising the moon. I loved him like a sonnet loves its meter, like a hound loves its master, like the piano chord D minor loves my fingers as I sink them into song. I loved him to lose my mind, to drown in him and everything he was."
vcdwhite chapter 17 . 4/15/2013
...

wow...

that was just... WOW!

words like 'amazing', 'magnificent' or other praises are just not enough to describe how beautiful the plot is... all i can say is that...

This should be made into a movie!
allancaldera chapter 17 . 3/10/2013
Please please update with the second half you dont imagine how I am crying right now because of Felix and Lukas.
LeKo chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
In saw that I wasn't logged in yesterday so I hadn't favored this story. And I have been thinking, I do hope you write the second half of this story. I would very much like to read more about Alex and Luke. It's been a while since you wrote this. Is there a chance you will finish this?
Guest chapter 17 . 2/28/2013
Great story. I like it very much. I will surely follow it when you write the second half. But even when you won't, this story is good as it is. It's one of my favorites now. Thanks for writing.
(it's "déja vue" by the way)
86 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »