Reviews for An Archduke of New York City
HallieAnna Lissette chapter 17 . 6/2/2011
Tear inducing, seductivly enchanting, heartrenderingly beautiful fucked up mess of awesome brilliance. Damn. Good. So very good.
Elated Random chapter 17 . 5/14/2011
No need to split it! it's wonderful... I just want to read more!
wonderland212 chapter 16 . 5/11/2011
All I can say is WOW! At first I didn't understand how the two stories were connected but now I see why the summary said that they were given a second chance. The way u alternated b/w the two stories was fantastic b/c whenever one story got dull the other would be exciting...plus it was extremely smart of u to show how the two stories were related untill the end.

Another thing I really liked was how realistic it all was...I mean the way lukas reacted to finding out that felix was his brother and the anger he felt towards felix was completely natural. I expected lukas to ignore it after shedding a few ..so I was happy to see that didn't happen. Plus I really likes the whole reincarnated aspect of the story.

Overall, I expected this to be a simple and somewhat predictable romance b/c of the summary which is why I waited so long to read it but I was pleasantly suprised...everything was unpredictable even the way felix died. Bravo! Please write the second part :)
Night Innocence chapter 17 . 5/7/2011
Wow. That last chapter had one of the most artistic mutual suicide scenes that I've ever read. It has to come out at least in the top 5 on fictionpress for best suicide scenes...

They're so sweet together... and you totally made the incest attractive hahahah. Poor Felix. Very realistic when you made him show his ugly side again- nice touch there.

The only improvement that I can think of for the piece is for it to be updated more often, so that I don't die of deprivation :P.

Anyways, anxiously, excitedly, butterflies fluttering in my stomach -ly awaiting your sequel (and hopefully that happily every after ending)!
wednsdayswithu chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
I have to say, I truly don't get why you don't have more reviews. This was absolutely brilliant. Well written and all. Thought you built up the suspense to see how it all turns out really well.

I know that there were all these warning as to how things might turn out for felix and luke, but the end was just so devastating :(

I'm still abit unsure as to how alex went from 'let's be roomies' to 'get out of my face'. wasn't very clear about what was the tuning point - showing up perhaps?

Can't wait to see updates on the second half :D
zoo-bie chapter 17 . 5/7/2011
What, now you made me cry! TTnTT Broke my friggin' heart...

Until "la deuxième partie", I guess!
zoo-bie chapter 16 . 4/29/2011
WHAT, they're BROTHERS?

... Wow, I totally didn't see that one coming. xD Very dramatic indeed. I'm scandalized, and loving it. Now I can't wait to read more, I will definitely look forward to the next post. And then, I suppose, wait patiently for the second part.

Brothers, how delightfully scandalous indeed! 8D
Midnite Rose 09 chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
omg this story is epic. even tho i just finished the first chap i know that this story is freaking epic. thanx for writing this!
zoo-bie chapter 15 . 1/7/2011
I was so happy when I checked my mail and saw there was a new chapter up. The sense of happiness remains Too, since aforementioned chapter was great. I almost cried at several parts of it. I'm really worried about Felix, what's causing him all this distress? His hurt hurts me, but at least it makes for good drama. I like a good drama. Looking forward to chapter sixteen!
rentedspace chapter 14 . 9/6/2010
Hmm. I'm just reviewing to say that I read it and I loved it, I always love it, but I'm seriously tired and the amount of emotion in this chapter has blown my brain circuits so I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of anything coherent to leave in a review. But I wanted to leave one anyway 'cause I always do and it wouldn't do for you to think I hadn't read it or loved it because I did, it was awesome and fantastic and I loved it and I love you. 3

(And when I got the alert for this I got super excited. Because I've been thinking about it all week. xD)
plumblossom chapter 14 . 9/4/2010
There's foreshadowing in the first bit that Felix doesn't marry and ascend to the throne, and there's a gun in the second bit and I'm so tense over it that I wish it wasn't bedtime.

Great stuff, as usual.
rentedspace chapter 13 . 5/16/2010
Ah. I'm being worried about the hint dropped in the first chapter again because what is going /on/ with Felix and Lukas?

-scared-

-hides in cupboard-

But, um, hurrah for Lukas not being Emperor now, bet he's looking forward to that.

Mr Daverty is, yeah, kinda... I don't even know what to say about him. I dunno. 'Cause, I mean, have have some teachers who I'd be totally cool with moving in with if things went bad at my home, but then... maybe it's just 'cause Alex sees him as creepy, but he's kind of a creeper.

And, uhm, Alex needs to figure out that he /clearly/ has a crush on Luke, but I said that last chapter. xD

And it's so cute that he gave Luke the only bed. ;

And I can't wait until the next chapter! D
MissAme chapter 13 . 5/16/2010
D: my heart hurts... literally... omg poor Lukas, and then he tried to cover his hurt with a smile. You shouldn't do that Lukas! It's not good for you. Oh my god, I feel really sad for Lukas and Felix because no matter who was going to be the emperor they wouldn't have the time or the means to see each other anyway. Oh dear...

well at least Alex got what he wanted with Luke living with him yay! but then causes the problems that leads to why he had the flashback in the first place. Alex really REALLY needs to figure himself out -_- or i'll punch him.

thanks for the update! _ loved it! good luck in school!o
plumblossom chapter 13 . 5/16/2010
Oh no, disastrous foreshadowing all over the place. So glad you updated.
Night Innocence chapter 12 . 4/18/2010
Haha I always read your story at the most inconvenient of times and I just can't put it off because it's so good. I just got back from an exhausting band trip and I still have homework...God stupid AP classes, but you know...Alex and Luke vs. homework, Alex and Luke obviously wins.

Aww Alex and Luke started off so well and it's so nice when Alex is all like the big, good guy with the big heart instead of the druggie and it's quite ironic when he said that his roommate was a douche cause that's exactly what he is now; wish there was a present scene, but I understand, that was a pretty long chapter and this is almost like reading two stories at the same time except I'm sure there's some deep inner connection that I'm sorta catching :). I do love how their roles are switched (either that or their names are switched) in the two time periods. That's so much better than if Felix and Alex or Luke and Lucas had the same personality D.

Felix...sexy. Sexy. Sexy.

God that little finger thing was epic.

Loved it, keep writing!