Reviews for An Archduke of New York City
MissAme chapter 12 . 4/17/2010
OH MY GOD! What the hell happened between THEN and NOW? Why is Alex such an ass to Luke later? Oh my god! I need to know! And I really hope that Felix and Lukas are ok cause it seems that Lukas is having... well doubts. And what the hell did Felix say to him? It was in a language I DON'T KNOW! And it was apparently something important because Lukas blushed... what was it?

Thanks for updating by the way! I look foreword to it every time there's a new chap!

-MissAme
rentedspace chapter 12 . 4/17/2010
D

Yey! The next chapter!

A'ight, so I looked at their profiles and pictures on DeviantArt and omgosh Lukas just looks /adorable/.

-wants to hug him-

At the very beginning of this chapter I have a horrible, horrible bad feeling. Probably because of the quote.

["One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing."

—Oscar Wilde]

-hides-

I don't know if I want to know. BUT. I will find out.

["Don't blame yourself," he said, this time catching the side of my face in his hand, forcing my eyes to his. "You'd have to spend all day if you wanted to truly appreciate everything glorious about me."]

Haha. Despite that I'm a little upset by their fighting - or rather, Lukas being pouty - this line made me smile.

["—and the ah, coming of the Lord."]

-snerk-

He has a way with words, Felix does.

Aah. I died a little of the cuteness of Felix in Mass. Well, I had to look up the Latin (three cheers for Google, whut!) but that was /adorable/.

And then. Luke calling at two in the morning. And Alex feeling /happy/ about it.

-dies a little inside-

He's /so/ in denial. So firmly, deeply in denial. 'Cause he clearly likes Luke.

And I'm amused by all the name's Alex came up with for the waitress.

And... yeah. Alex likes Luke. Even just a little bit, I dunno. But. Whatever.

So Luke's staying with Alex now, huzzah! (Obviously it was going to happen eventually, 'cause this is still just flashback, but huzzah nonetheless.)

And... I wanna know what happens to Alex that he goes all druggy-ish. (

So! next chapter, yeah?

-waits patiently-
zoo-bie chapter 12 . 4/17/2010
Great work on this one! I adore long chapters, more to love, ha ha. ;) Please keep up the good work! I'm addicted to this story, and I'm looking forward to reading more!
rentedspace chapter 11 . 4/9/2010
Hullo, m'dear. I sincerely apologize for the delay in reviewing, but my computer was away for repairs.

Bahh. Popular highschool girls. I feel that you portrayed them well. (I do not particularly like the popular girls at my school. Some of them are nice, but they cover it up with a facade of imagined perfection and dimwittedness. And others just pretend to be nice even though they aren't. Blech.)

And I can't say that I like the art teacher. He creeped me out, a bit. I felt like he should have showed more emotion about a kid who's been abused and (one would assume) he knows well. Sometimes adults have the wierdest reactions, though (and, well, I guess most people do, regardless of age) so it's still realistic.

And. I love Alex. Or at least, the younger version of Alex. Or the nice side of Alex. Whatever was going on there. Maybe I just like when Alex cares about Luke. Whatever it is, I loved Alex in this chapter. So completely in character, and yet so different from how he's been in previous chapters.

The next chapter cannot come fast enough. D
Night Innocence chapter 11 . 4/7/2010
That was so sweet, and I loved

and if wasn't 1 in the morning and I haven't even started on my thick pancake stack of homework, I would leave a better review, but I'm shot. Sorry :3.

Keep writing!
MissAme chapter 11 . 4/7/2010
wha... wha... wha? Where's the Vienna? Where's Felix and Lukas? ARGH! damn you! well not damn you cause I love you when you write... but you know what I mean. I have a bad feeling about Luke's teacher... he dismissed Alex a LITTLE to quickly for my tastes. can't wait for the next chap! update quicker!
plumblossom chapter 11 . 4/7/2010
Alex is _so close_ to self-knowledge, isn't he?

Daverty doesn't trust him.
zoo-bie chapter 11 . 4/7/2010
Yay, a new chapter!

I'm so happy~

I can't wait to find out what will happen next!

I'm sorry that I can't come with anything constructive, but i think you're doing a great job. Please keep it up! :)
plumblossom chapter 10 . 3/25/2010
Oh good, I'm glad our guy has engaged! Thanks for updating.
MissAme chapter 10 . 3/22/2010
omg what's gonna happen to Felix? OMG DRAMA! aww cute little scene from the two cousins i love their relationship SO much!

OMG I KNEW IT! FUCKING PEOPLE! DAMMIT I HATE PEOPLE! I was wondering why he was saying he could never eat spagetti and meatballs again... omg... poor poor Luke D:... i would've ran into the room and punched the dad in the fucking face OH MY GOD YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! ARGH! I'M SO FUCKING MAD!
Jetullos chapter 10 . 3/22/2010
...ohmyJesusChrist. Intense. Wow. Woah. No words. Just speechless. Absolutely speechless.
rentedspace chapter 10 . 3/21/2010
["You were lucky last time," I said, closing the lid over the piano keys.

Felix gave me a look that could melt ice in winter. "Oh, I daresay I was."]

Did I love this line? Yes. Yes, I believe I did.

["Cold," he said, smiling through hooded eyes as I traced the ridges in his spine. I likened his expression to that of a cat being stroked in sunlight. "My, cousin. Where do you keep your hands?"

In a moment of rare bravery, I managed "…Wouldn't you like to know?"]

I... yeah, loved this line too.

Hmm. Witty banter between Felix and Lukas? Yeah, I loved that as well. There's something about witty banter that just /gets/ to me.

And, oh, wow, poor Lukas. That would be rather unpleasant, finding out suddenly that you might become the Emperor much, much sooner than you expected to. Especially if you never wanted it to happen at all.

(Can I say... -squee- Felix and Lukas are so /gorgeous/ together. I think I might swoon at the gorgeousness of it all.)

Hmm, I seem to be doing a lot of quoting in this review, but I can't help it. Your words are brilliant. So.

[…You know, I can't eat spaghetti and meatballs anymore. Not at all. Just can't do it.]

That gives me a horrible, horrible premonition. I don't know what is going to happen, but I have to say I am absolutely terrified at this point.

With reason, apparently. That... that sucks. Poor Luke. (

I want to give him a big hug and I want to slap his mother and I certainly agree with Alex's gun idea for Luke's dad.

Guh. My heart is pounding so hard right now. You do suspense well, y'know? I felt like Luke's mom was gonna come and find /me/ sneaking up the stairs. And then... well, suffice it to say that I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter. And I haven't said yet that I was /super/ excited for this update, have I? But I was. I didn't even look at any of my other emails. I just came and read this right away. Because this is without a doubt my favourite story at the moment, of anything that I'm following.

So. Good, amazing chapter, and I can't wait for the next one. 3
Jetullos chapter 9 . 3/1/2010
...I have got to read the next bit. NOW. Now, now, now, now, now. I'm really itching to know what on earth happened to poor Luke. And I love seeing Felix and Lukas's relationship unfold. And the turn it's taken. I feel like his mother knows something...has always known something. We shall see! ]
MissAme chapter 9 . 2/20/2010
*hand/forehead* Felix... your... stupid. don't be using innuendos in front of his parents! "take it off" it's a good thing they don't know he's gay or else they would be pissed! And really Lukas? really? pour wine on your self? really? lol wow XD

Aw! Alex wasn't such a dick before! well... at least not to Luke he wasn't. And then something happened between them where Alex got all pissy and now I really REALLY wanna know why! _

thanks for updating so quickly! i look forward to your updates every week! _ and when it's not there i'm like Aw... D: sad day...
rentedspace chapter 9 . 2/20/2010
Here is a list of things that make me happy about this:

1. Yay! That was like, the fastest update /ever/!

2. Franz is my favourite name in the world. It really is. I plan to name my first son, if I ever have children, Franz. After my favourite character in The Count of Monte Cristo. Yes, I would do that. But anyway, that automatically makes me like Lukas' manservant.

3. Lukas' dad is being nice. I like it. I mean, Lukas never really seems to pay much attention to making his father happy, as opposed to his much harder-to-please mother, but, it was good to see him regarded as family and accepted for (most of) what he is.

4. Oh, Alex explaining. Yey. He is so clearly fond of Luke. Which makes it kinda make sense that Luke puts up with him.

5. Cliffhanger! Alright, so maybe I might not like that part so much... I mean, come /on/. I'm gonna be reading the next chapter anyway, right? But now I want to know what's gonna hapen. Yeah, and I'm whining.

Well. Looking forward to the next chapter, as always. ;