Reviews for An Archduke of New York City
jetullos chapter 6 . 11/20/2009
This was a great installment. I love how while Felix wasn't there, he was still present. But I think I love this Romy character a lot.
jetullos chapter 5 . 10/28/2009
...This is great.

This brightened up my DAY. I love reading your story! LOVELOVELOVE it. Keep 'em coming, hot off the presses. ;-)
Daydream Nation chapter 5 . 10/17/2009
OMG, its so so so so so good. The parts set in Austria are usually a bit more playful than ones in NYC, which sort of balances out the heartrending angst in the second portions. However, I'm not entirely sure how the two different eras connect. Are they just two separate stories? Reincarnations? Just a literary choice?

Also, I don't get why Luke puts up with Alex for so long; he's a huge douchebag with no redeeming qualities...
rentedspace chapter 5 . 10/16/2009
D

I've been thinking about this story for the past few days, hoping for an update, so when I saw the alert in my inbox I was /so/ happy.

Hmm. Felix. Still an asshole. But a gorgeous, delicious, lovable asshole.

Hmm. Alex. Also still an asshole. Not so much a gorgeous, delicious, lovable one, either. I'm happy that he's writing, though. Whether for Clarence or not, whatever. Writing's always good. And Luke is /adorable/. I just want to give him a hug. Maybe pinch his cheeks a little. I love that he can draw. Especially since I've just started working on increasing my skills in art in the past few weeks. )

Anyway. I was so, /so/ incredibly happy for an update, and it was certainly a good one, and keep up the good work.
Jetullos chapter 4 . 9/25/2009
And the plot is ever-thickening. ] Exciting. ]
rentedspace chapter 4 . 9/23/2009
Aha. I feel appreciated. And so should you. -is in love-

Anyway. So, um, piano! Gawsh, I wish I could play piano. And Felix is currently not my favourite 'cause he's a /jerk/. (

Jerks don't make me happy.

And I wanna know about Alex's publishing thing that he had going on. What was it? No, I'm sure that'll be answered and I'll try to wait patiently. But he should be nicer to Luke. And I'm totally just jumping from topic to topic with no segue at all. Oh well.

Next topic jump: I keep on thinking about in the first chapter when Lukas says something about being a murderer. And it's making me absolutely nervous, because I /so/ want him and Felix to fall in love (incest be damned, who cares? They'd make an adorable couple, if Felix could be nice.) but I keep on feeling like Lukas is going to /kill/ Felix and it isn't a nice feeling to have and I /really/ hope I'm wrong.

So anyway. Update. Even though, y'know, you updated yesterday and whatnot. But I wanna know what happens next!

-dies-
rentedspace chapter 3 . 9/23/2009
Ack. This is making me want to cry. You do emotion /really/ well. So, I want to cry for Lukas and for Luke, and I wanna punch Felix and Alex. And I wanna keep reading, so I'm gonna do that.
rentedspace chapter 2 . 9/22/2009
Uh-oh. It's never a good thing when you accidentally fall asleep. And I totally love that Lukas is a bookworm. 'Cause reading is the shit. And I seriously can't get over how awesome it is that he doesn't like horses. I don't even know why I think that's awesome, because personally I love horses, but it just makes me want to squee and curl my toes and giggle.

And Alex. God. What a jerk. But somehow, I like him.

Overall, basically loving this story. A lot.
rentedspace chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Oh. I like this. I like the historical part of it (accurate or not, I don't really care. I'm not much for history, except for the interesting stuff.) and I like the modern part of it, and I like the characters and the interaction between them and, y'know basically just everything so far. So yeah.

Ohh. Umm, does German have weird grammar rules? Because when Felix is speaking German, he says 'it' instead of 'I', so I was just wondering if it's a formal thing or something. (This is why I need to take German in school like all the rest of my friends.)
Jetullos chapter 3 . 9/11/2009
Have I told you I love this story? Because I love this story!
jetullos chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I think that this is a very interesting story and I'm excited to see where you take it from here. I like the characters. They're believable. I like the style of writing. I like everything about it. ]
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6