Reviews for Ana’s lifestyle
his crooked grin chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
As someone who used to have anorexia, the message of this poem is extremely powerful and edgy for me. Anyways, the line "At least I'll fit in the box." made me shiver, since it's a thought that you would have if you actually did have an eating disorder.

I didn't like the ending so much, but this is still beautiful. Well done.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
"I won’t have to waste money in napkins."... on. Napkins sound like what you use on a table. Sanitary napkins might make the line too long, so maybe try tampons?

cos should be 'cause

"but even so they dare feel pretty?"... but even so, dare they feel pretty? is the way to phrase that

I don't like how you change the line lengths. It throws off the flow. Taking from poetry to prose almost. Also, the phrasing in that one really long line is off.

I think the piece is interesting. It's not something I've read before and I like how you use Ana for anorexia. Nice job.

PS If you're bored check out the Review Game and/or its Review Game. (link in my profile)
Isca chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
"If I'm gonna die, at least I'm gonna fit in the box." Whoa. The tone of this line is so forceful and startling - it's so chilling and perfect. :)
NocturnalNerd chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
No, skinny girls through those means are not happy. Anorexia is just the weak route for someone who wants to lose weight, but doesn't want to spend the time doing it. I stay away from anorexic people, so I don't know if this is how they think, but I'm assuming it is close to it. I like that you gave their view of it.
Shelley Anderson chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
I love repetition in poetry. It's a very real world poem
Lilja Ruusu chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
so true! its hard to be in the middle of fat and skinny but its the healthiest choice. Good poem!
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I used to be skinny and I was happy.

I liked the beginning, which was a real poem. Youu should have stopped there!
SevernFlows chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Effective. It's interesting that you jump from one extreme to the other (too thin vs pig). And I do hate society for categorising that a certain weight has its own specified group, never ever looking at it as a whole and realising that there is a middle ground where one can be happy but disciplined, eating as much as they can find without caring if they are called anorexic, obese or even normal.