Reviews for Alien Trepidations
lookingwest chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
I haven't come to read some of your newest poetry in awhile, so I'm looking forward to reviewing through some of it. As I remember, you're poetry is amazing and still the best quality I've come across on fictionpress.

I like that you take this poem and use it from a speaker's perspective instead of just describing something because it comes across much more direct that way and much more intrinuging, that second stanza really caught my immediate undivided attention.

I also like your poetic techniques such as similes and metaphors because they're always extremely clever and never out of place. The "dark as a sink full of blood" was a haunting line, giving the poem an overall creepy yet dreamy tone by the time we get to the sixth stanza.

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
LittleViking chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
This is some seriously incredible imagery. I could cite half the lines in this review as examples, but what would be the point? This whole thing is remarkable. You remind me of myself but on writing steroids. Great, great, great, great poem .
Howle chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Very beautiful poem. The play of light and colors is very well written. Also like the 5th stanza here. Sounds like an alien invasion. Awesome poem.