Reviews for The True Story of the Frog Prince
J112011 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Aw, c'mon, and what will happen to the poor girl now, even if she is beautiful? Those farmer fathers and their cocked shotguns...

But you're right about the moral. Took me a while to learn that.
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Bit sketchy on the moral, but it works if you squint at it from a couple of different directions, which I think is what you were going for, given that here, it's implied that the girl didn't REALLY change the frog into a prince, as opposed to trying to get her father not to kill him. Which, arguably, was never going to work, but props to her for trying.

And I wonder how much therapy she's gonna need after getting splattered in frog-boy's brain matter... jus' sayin'.

Your timing with comedy is rather wonderful, might I add.

. darker shade of pale
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
or it would kill them?

Nice one.
the prophet apathetic chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Haha, wonderfully done. Brought a smile to my face. I love your sense of irony.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
the moral left me laughing more than the story itself. i liked the last line of the story, the straight-to-the-point way of ending it. :)
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
Ha :) Nice! You have an original sense of humour in your writing, I like it! Love the moral :)
SirScott chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
That's funny. I loved the ending.

SirScott
LostInMe chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
That last sentence was fantastic. It really did make me laugh out loud.

I must say I disagree with your moral, though. One shouldn't try to change someone and make them something they're not - but the frog actually was a prince, so she really helped him change for the better: back into himself!

My personal moral for this: 'Don't try to reason with an old, stubborn parent.'

But anyway, this was a great read.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I'm not liking how the whole piece is bolded. It just doesn't seem necessary.

I do like the story though. I mean the beginning part seems like a joke I've heard many times, but I liked the ending a lot. I thought it was really funny. The moral is funny too, though it's not the moral I would've taken from it... lol.

PS If you're bored check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (link in my profile).
natmarie chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Daughter awoke? Maybe. Otherwise short but nice moral...and that's coming from a female. Changing people period is no good. You used a fairy tale plot to your advantage.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
LOL. But, in this story the father also tries to keep his little daughter the same. So another moral men have to let their women move on. LOL great.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Nice!

But i can contradict your moral! The girl was able to change the frog prince, so she could change him and he wanted to be changed, so women should try and change men! It's just the overbearing protective faths that are too old to learn new tricks that shouldnt be changed. :)

I really liked this one, it was cute, an funny, and thought provoking! (As you can see... :))