Reviews for Do you hunger?
D. Cowman chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I fell in love with this poem so long ago, and it still effects me in the exact same way. I love this and I love you.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I like the piece. The food metaphors here are really great. They work well. The dream is kinda odd, but it works well to represent what this guy as done to you. I like the repetition of wait and the way you spaced it out. That worked really well to show waiting. Really great ending with the food metaphor again. Very creative.

PS If you're bored check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (link in my profile).
An-Author-At-Heart chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I'm not really sure what the poem has to do with a walrus and a carpenter... other than the fact that it's a little off beat and imaginative. Oh well! Not necessarily Shakespeare, but I still enjoyed this poem. There's a bit of a dark beauty to the symbols in this poem, eating hair and pickling a heart. You intertwined day-to-day sayings with a literal sense that adds a bit of horror, which I liked. Good job!
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I liked how you focused the imagery of this poem on hair - which by definition is such a staple to almost every women. I found it fascinating that you described the other person eating the strands like spaghetti (such stark and unusual imagery) it made me think that this person wanted to devour the other person. That he wanted to take everything from the other person and ingest it. Another striking concept was the pickling of the heart, and the notion that the other person wanted to give herself up to be devoured. Very strong concepts throughout. Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.

Jules, via the Review Marathon (links in my profile)