Reviews for clasp
softersin chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
this is so beautiful, and i can relate. :)
anon chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
This is by far one of the most beautiful poems I have ever read, and also one filled with the most sadness. Your words are so perfect that as I am seeing this girls heart whisper its secret love, my own heart is aching at the choice she had to make..

"And I would not call our days unhappy

But who is it we dream of on restless nights"

These two lines just killed me, the picture of the anguish just under the skin, the what if hanging onto your heart. It also leaves me wanting more, who is 'him' why did you choose the way you did, does he feel the same way, does he know that you feel this way, beautifully tragic.

Its like that moment in a love story, just before the guy and girl get back together, where the guy and the girl have been together but are now apart, one or both with another person, but they both realize that the person they are with is not the person they are meant for, its the person they left - but then they never get back together they are both stuck in that moment just before the 'happy ending'.

Very well written, vivid.
Saurosuchus chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
"whose hand am I holding" ah, what an appropriate way to open this piece. how frightening it would be to wander down a path with a stranger's hand, and apparently it seems he may not even see the creation, simply feel.

"chivalrous" dashing.

the third stanza threw me off a bit. I had to reread it a few times to truly comprehend the meaning. I suppose the sentence structure just struck me as a bit unnatural.

"that I know oh that I know" I adore this line but craved some sort of punctuation to emphasize that heartrending, "oh, that I know"

this was a very good peace with great imagery and much depth. I enjoyed reading it.