Reviews for Bloody Idiot
frugale chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Hahaha. One of the things I liked most about this piece, is the rhythm of the title; itself could be a line of the haiku! I enjoyed reading this.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Wow powerful haiku! I like how the title goes well with the actual haiku and brings a different perspective to it. Great work with this. Write on!

~Anna~ _
Isca chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Oh my. That's a scary thought. I like that the title of this haiku correlates so well with the subject of the poem. The reader doesn't pity this man; instead, the reader assumes that this man is reckless and careless, and is thus, a bloody idiot. :P
EmeraldEyes1994 chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
nice one. i liked it
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Your use of ‘beer’ in the first stanza made me think of a redneck, honestly. Beer is such a bourgeois drink, it makes me think of teenagers and dive bars.

Your use of ‘cigarette’ honestly made me think of James Dean, cigarette’s, unlike beer are very high class and sexy. I’m not saying that I smoke, because I don’t, but the act of smoking has always been mysterious, and sexy.

Both of them together created an interesting image in my head. And your mention of the blurring highway makes me think that this person is traveling very fast, and not really paying attention to the world around them. As though they were out of it apart from the act of inebriating themselves. Nice work.

Much love,

Juliet.
Katie Nicole chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Ah, this one is scary, because it's so realistic and dangerous.

Too sad.

I've missed your writing [:
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
I ansee this is a disaster waiting to happen...