Reviews for She Took to the Sky
learntosayhello chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
o.o oh my god.

i was so absorbed. with the final line i scrolled up just a bit because i couldn't bear to read it prematurely.

when you started talking about long island, i was like, ".. o_O long island, of all places.." having it so blatantly spoken about like that in such a completely random story just took me by surprise (since that's where i live and all)!

i can't say anything about the lighthouse, though. i frequent a beach that allegedly has one, but i have yet to see it..

wonderful job, really! fictionpress says you published this two years ago, so i can only imagine how you've improved since then..
Verse Vivarium chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Love the detail!

Your choice of words is exquisite and the flow is elegant and perfect.

It's simply a delight to read when you're able to convey plot and emotion with such poetic grace in a piece so short and to the point.

But come on, it's been more than a year, don't you have anything more recent? ;)
Kuzuki Sugimorii chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Oof. Not at all what I expected from the title.

Honestly, I don't particularly care for stories that go into that kind of detail, though I understand why it's often necessary (otherwise some pieces would be just a few short paragraphs). This case, though, didn't bother me. It's oddly compelling to read, maybe because the reason is presented after the act.

Your phrasing seemed really stiff, even beyond the time-frame I imagine this being generally set in. It felt a little unnatural to me for some of the words you chose to have come up where they did.

All in all, I'm thrilled to see you're writing again, and look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.