Reviews for The Girl in the Mirror
Raebie chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
This is really cool. I like that you didn't explain who the girl was or why she was in a costume shop. It adds to the mystery.

Awesome!
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
hey! i love this one-shot, it's so simple-about a dress and the feelings that it gave it's wearer

i loved the description but maybe you over-did it? cuz i was confused by the long details and you were writing about the waist and then going to the shoulder then to the skirt, you get what i mean? the picture was distorted in my head

i love this part: "I twirled once, picking up the skirt in one hand as I did. The dress billowed out gracefully and resettled with a shimmery swish of fabric that made different colors jump across the satin like colors ripple over water as the sun sets. I let the skirt fall from my hand and settle with a quiet rustle. The dress was truly glorious; how could I not want it?" this had a princess feeling to it, like cinderella

and the ending was sad, it's only a dream, fantasy

good job here cujo! :P
Alathea chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
I absolutely adore the description of the cotstume dress. I myself am a fan of costume shops, especially renaissance garments, and I can almost picture myself wearing the dress you described.

Just a note: you mentioned the dress being from medieval times in your short synopsis. Perhaps decide whether it's Renaissance or medieval seeing as they are two seperate genres? Medieval tends to be during the dark ages where there was the Black Plague, and the Renaissance is more Queen Elizabeth I of England and Marie Antionette.

This sounds like the beginning of a huanting story, where the dress has a long and mysterious past that the young protagonist has yet to discover. Your short synopsis led me to believe that this was the case. It would really be grand if you could develop this piece further.