Reviews for How To Get Along With Women
killMeN0w chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Again, too late a review, but I liked it so I'm going to...:)

Awesome! REALLY awesome! At first, while I was reading it, my feminism kinda started burning, and then I read the last line and I laughed. lols. This was such an irony. I guess humans, no matter woman or man, are kinda all the same...*sighs*

Great work!
J112011 chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I guess you're right. Women can get along with women too, but you're talking about special joys here, and that doesn't happen between women. I like the mention of "unexpected call." Yeah, the waiting for phone calls (or messages). When it comes it can sure mist the eye or draw a sigh.

On the other hand, "it's really very simple when / you study the mystery feminine" just seems to have a different rhythm than the other verses. What are the rhythm rules again?
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
So, I'm about halfway through the next part of my law assignment, and I came here to reward myself (I'm sorry I make you listen to my complaints about work so much).

This is the first of the ones I promised to review for you, and right off the bat, this one had the most interesting title (to me) of the poetry you recommended. On to the poem:

This has a really interesting rhyme scheme, which makes it rather lyrical, and I like that. It's got a great message you can take away from it, but that lyricism helps it not to be overly preachy and didactic, which is typical of your writing style )

In the second to last line, I think it would flow better if you started it with a 'because', just because I think it would round off the ending just that little more. But then, rhyme schemes and verse patterns and numbers of syllables were never my strong suit.

The entire middle section just made me smile more and more, because it's so true, and all men should really know this, and if they don't know it, they should learn it.

The last two lines are my favourite, but I think that has a lot to do with the rest of the poem being htere as a prelude - even so, it's an ingenious end to a really sweet poem, and I love it. And the change from using the word 'boy(s)' to 'man' - it says a lot more than most people would give it credit for, it really does.

Though in all honesty, boys are just as confusing as girls, and maybe that little bit quicker to start flailing around and hitting things - though I can't talk, I throw things when I get angry. I broke an alarm clock that way; I'm a gorgon in the morning.

. darker shade of pale
Mishikaiya chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I cannot begin to count the number of times I have read this piece without reviewing it. And still, I have trouble putting into words what I love about this piece asides from its wit. The flow and idea are great. But I think it's the truthfulness that captures me most.
Open your eyes Chopstick chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I didn't realize it was rhyming until the fourth line. Considering I'm not very good at rhyming, it was nice to see.

I really like this piece. It was funny. What was said was very true; it does help to be a man. lol. the last line was the funniest, i think. Good job. :)
DreamingEternal chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
i really like your rhyme scheme and rhythm - the piece flows flawlessly.

It's cute and deep at the same time. i think there's a lot of people out there who could use this poem's advice. Guys always complain that women are so cryptic and complicated, but if they "study the mystery feminine" and pay attention, they would notice that there are certain things we react well to, and certain things we dont.

Anyway, good work!
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Hey, shut up! That last line is so mean. I was reading through this whole thing, nodding, going uh-huh, uh-huh; penultimate line - I was like TOUCHÉ. And then there you were.

I should have seen it coming
the prophet apathetic chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I have been peeking here and there at your work today, and found myself surprisingly impressed by the intelligence and talent commanded here. But this little piece drew only the word "awesome" from my mouth.

I really didn't have much to say about the rest. I could give praise but you've undoubtedly heard it before. I admire your talent. But this is something altogether... awesome.

Bravo!
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
LOL nice one! Funny but serious too :) Great job overall. Write on!

Anna _

PS - Thanks for reading my work! :) *gives you cookies*
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I like this, it's funny, but still makes a good point.

I like the ending too, your use of italics and parenthesis worked well to make the last line an aside.

Nice job!

PS If you're bored this weekend check out the Review Game and/or the Review Marathon (links in my profile).
lymli chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
aw, cool piece, I like the imagery from the starting, I really like the metaphor with the toy.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
To get along with women

It helps to be a man.

- Nice :)

Loving the way you write!
natmarie chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
This has a flowy rhyme scheme that reminds me almost of a child's book which makes the twist at the end that much more poignant. Nicely crafted.

PS. thanks for the review. I will definately edit the typos and work on the wording.
SirScott chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
That's true. Women like men to act like a man.

SirScott