Reviews for Geography Lesson
Persevera chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
First time I've read you but won't be the last. I like how matter-of-fact, not angst-y it is. Just the story of the friend fulfilling a need would have been enough but the hint of their past makes it even more compelling
S.M. Elias chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Wow... Your writing style really is amazing, I love the ending and the obscurity of the scars. I found the relationship between the readers to be simple and sweet, not some ooey gooey romance. Simply brilliant. I really wish I could write like you.
ColieM88 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Wow! I really like this. My favorite part was that it was not mushy or cliched at all. Definitely not what I was expecting. I will say though that I did not (and maybe it was just me) catch how she got the scars in the first place...war, accident, self inflicted, ect. However, I may not have understood or read it correctly. IF that is the case sorry! Also, I like how there was no pining over the "what was lost" aspect that could have been taken. It was just a found memory.
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Another fantastic piece. It’s well written and emotionally charged. I got shivers reading the last paragraph. I love your work so much, you’re such an amazing writer, my god! I wonder, I can’t remember, but are you going to continue this piece and write a third? I already read the second sister piece to this one, but I’m still eager to know if he responded to her email.
White Carnation chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Really sweet!

It wasn't at all soppy, really cute, and best of all, it sounded natural. Your sentences flow very smoothly, and I very much admire the speed of this one-shot, not too fast, not too slow. Only thing I'm concerned about is, the girl sounded like she had scars on every inch of her body. Is it supposed to be that way? Did I miss something? Overall though, great story!

- White Carnation
A Kiss in the Dreamhouse chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I really liked the atmosphere of the story - with the heat and all. Nicely written!
violetxcantxsleep chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Brilliant writing it makes me think of the song "matching weight" (which is a great song). . .and I like how no one has names. sometimes people don't need them. . . is there another reason for that though?
Skyward Ending chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
This was...beautiful. It is not horribly emo with the cutting. The implications of "I don't want to hurt you. Again." give the whole conversation and relationship so much more depth, especially so because it is not terribly melodramatic. The sense of awkwardness between them floating over the friendship made the whole scenario quite realistic. What I liked best about it, though, was how it didn't end with them getting together. How you began it, too, is just...perfect - that sticky, hot setting, right before dawn, sets the whole scene.

The last sentence is a little dramatic, but you pulled it off because of how everything else worked. :)!
yoursforeverme chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
this was so heartbreaking, i can kind of assosiate with it. in the end it did make me cry. it's really weel written, sadley i'm no critic and thus can offer no constructive comments, but it was brilliant. you're such a great writer.
Shirin Madavey chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I really liked this story. The title drew me in, even though the story turned out to be something completely different then I imagined it to be. I also liked your use of symbolism without being to obvious and I liked how the dialogue flowed really well, though I couldn't really tell the two voices of your characters apart. All in all, I enjoyed it :)
Devil's Playground chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
This was an incredibly sweet little story, and I loved reading it. I really liked that you could make it romantic without having it be so in a traditional or cliche sense; it was entirely original, and made me want to "awwh" out loud. I also like how you left some things open, not entirely explaining them, like the past where the main character hurt him. I also loved the description, especially lines like "the sun’s probing fingers." I can't think of anything to be improved - I think it's perfect the way it is. Great job!
Mercyette chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
This is a very sweet piece, and very believable too.

What I really liked the most is your description of thier physical movement throughout the story. It could really see everything in my minds' eye.

I would like to see a little more information on what was so "lame" between them both. Maybe I misread something but I didn't catch what they were talking about.

Overall, I think this is a really nice oneshot. You should be proud.
J. D. Bennett chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This is wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I love the symbolism of the question mark scar. The whole piece has a somberness to it, without being too heavy, you know? It has the feeling of a sunrise. Very beautiful, though a tad sad. Is it a true story?
SilverBluu chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I like this story because it reminds me of the book: My Happy Life by Lydia Millet. The madness and the scene seem to fit well together.

I would recommend continuing this story too, there's a lot of unanswered questions left to the imagination of the reader. If you have the time I recommend reading My Happy Life for inspiration.
TreeWhisperer chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
This was so... Touching. It really made me feel something, deep down in my heart...

I loved the mood of this piece. It started out light, but as it progressed, it got a bit more dramatic and heart-felt. Its just so... Melancholic. Its really good though, and it shows that your a really great writer.

The single quote marks annoyed me after some time, though. Maybe you should change it to double quote things. And it was a bit confusing in the beginning. I couldn't make sense of what was happening.

Overall, great story. I look forward to reading more of your stories!

TreeWhisperer