Reviews for The Dearest Calamity
SL chapter 7 . 9/5/2010
:*( don't leave us.
lilmystic chapter 7 . 8/29/2010
Heya Eleanor! I'm a new reader and I really like TDC! Please continue working on it soon. I'm curious to know who Ryan ends up with O he sounds like the type of guy I would fall for teehee D btw, your eng and grammar is pretty good, just that you need to work on words with double l's eg. fuelling, travelling ]

~ Betty
sappyromancelvr chapter 7 . 7/17/2010
So is Delina going to get the Prince? Cause no matter how I look at it, Elise is not one of my favs. Blame it on Disneyafied fairy tales. Sorry, no offense though. :/
sappyromancelvr chapter 4 . 7/17/2010
Dang. I guess it's Elise, isn't?oh well, not too disappointing since this isn't actually THE little mermaid. Love the character interaction. Good job!
sappyromancelvr chapter 2 . 7/17/2010
Looks like the prince is actually interested in Elise...really twisted version I assume, because in the Disney version, he didn't like any of the girls.
sappyromancelvr chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
I'm liking the beginning of the story, but I must be honest, I absolutely HATE love triangles. I'm also such a romantic. So if the prince doesn't end up with the mermaid...
Lorana chapter 7 . 6/29/2010
*hugs* Thanks for the update! I do have a suggestion going along with what you said about Elise needing to leave the palace. You could have Maurice offer for her to come live with him and Gertrude, since she is devastated by Marcus' assumed death. Marcus would eventually return home and I'm sure it wouldn't take long before he asks where Elise is, even if he falls for the new girl. I can predict different outcomes from there and would not mind sharing over AIM or MSN. But that is just a suggestion since I would love for you to continue this story, so don't mind me ;;
Hot Choco chapter 7 . 6/29/2010
This was an interesting chapter.
Hot Choco chapter 5 . 6/29/2010
Marcus
Lyssrus chapter 7 . 6/26/2010
Thanks for not killing this, it would have been a shame. Do what you have to do, though. ]
Lyssrus chapter 6 . 6/21/2010
I love this! Love, love, love it!

And I swear, I'm going to cry if Elise and Marcus don't end up together. Cry, I tell you... Not that that should influence your ending in any way, I just thought you should know. ]

Still, I love it. Don't stop. ]
A Tentative Possibility chapter 6 . 6/15/2010
I don't know why you don't like this, it's really enjoyable. I've always liked The Little Mermaid's story and you seem to be doing a good job of retelling it.

I'll be waiting till for you to continue it... Remember, if it's only the first draft it doesn't have to be perfect. It's more important to get the story out.
Rose Alexandra chapter 6 . 6/12/2010
I'm really enjoying this story! The Little Mermaid (Disney and non-Disney) has always been my favorite fairy tale, and I love what you're doing with it. It's unexpected.

Your characters are really well-developed, the plot seems quick enough paced without being rushed - it doesn't drag, which is a nice change. I adore your writing style. I love the way you mix modern language with a historical/fantasy-type setting. I've noticed you don't use a lot of contractions, which I think really suits your story.

Overall, I'm really impressed!

PS. The end of chapter four broke my heart a little.
EchoedShadows chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
This is a GREAT beginning... How this will end up being a retelling of the little mermaid... I have NO clue. So Awesome job so far. Way to be totally origional!
Lorana chapter 6 . 4/6/2010
Really am enjoying this story so far. I do hope in the end things work out for Elise and Marcus.