Reviews for Illusion and Dream
SuzyJane chapter 12 . 2/26/2011
These are so beautiful... And so well done... like gourmet chocolates that melt on your tongue... I love them very much... I can't even begin to pick a favorite... And trust me I've tired... I've read through them again and again... they are amazing... Thank you for sharing them... And have an absolutely wonderful week! :)
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 12 . 4/21/2010
Hehe, nice! Reminds me of the poem on the fridge! Plus the names are very Niel Gaiman which I loved straigh away! I bet Mr Marigold's dress style is very interesting ] A dandy I bet!
Little Miss Cullen Cutie chapter 12 . 4/19/2010
I love it! The humor laced in is wonderful! Kudos to whimsy poetry, because that's how I imagine subtle disgust would be.

~Little Miss Cullen Cutie~
Faithless Juliet chapter 5 . 4/3/2010
Really liked your conclusion with this piece, it summed up the earlier section well. I didn’t think that this was the strongest in the series though. It felt as though there was something more that needed to be said but was not.

Faithless Juliet chapter 3 . 4/3/2010
I like how you could play with the first line and switch it - changing Delilah with jasmine and tears with tea. It could work either way, and again I like how you blend emotions with elements of the things around us. It gives the notion that everything is connected, which I like.

Faithless Juliet chapter 2 . 4/3/2010
I loved the third line: “The world a forgotten shell, an eclipse of a mourning moon.” I love the idea of elements changed by a human condition of sadness. Your work feels very Victorian to me. I would expect any turn of the century mind to understand these works as though they had been written a hundred years ago. Nice work.

Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I liked how you associated the senses with the emotions of the character. The notion of smelling autumn and remembering is very strong, and was displayed nicely.

I think in terms of structure this follows your other pieces, but I think it might enhance it if you did not have the line breaks and just made it one solid quatrain.

K. Chance chapter 10 . 1/18/2010
I really like (love?) your very short poems! :)

If I'm not wrong, the title says: The autumn of my heart, right? (L'automne de mon coeur, in French :p)

And my... what a start! 'Dissemble my soul with your quiet lips'. A really beautiful image.

I find the rest of the line very interesting... 'Destine my heart to die' Now, destinity (destine) associated with the future, but if you die, there's no future anymore... I don't know if that was your intention or not, but I really like this 'oxymoron' (not really one, but I'm sure you understand what I mean here :))

"Quell the match that dares to strike, that dares to light your lie,"

Interesting... so the speaker prefers to stay in the darkness, in lies, and seems to be afraid of the light of truth... yet, 'light your lie' seems, with the way the two words are linked together (as they're minimal pairs) to mean the contrary, that is light a lie...

And it goes on! 'falsely map your labyrinth heart'... how could you map a labyrinth in the first place? (Especially if you're at its 'heart'...) And if a labyrinth is mapped, it's not a labyrinth anymore... I really love this kind of images :)

The last line: I love how you used the 'w' alliteration in the second part of the line to convey the idea of a 'fading shadow'... interestingly enough, the last word ends with a diphthong, which makes the idea of a 'fading shadow' even stronger :)

(not sure if you understand what I'm talking about that 'diphthong' story xD)

I really love these really short poems :)

I'll add them to my fav... oops, I already did it :p
K. Chance chapter 9 . 1/14/2010
Your very-short poems are really great. It's wonderful to see how you can write something as beautiful as your other poems, but with much few words.

It's hard to say much about such a short poem, but I really like the first stanza. 'An angels silent requiem' : simply wonderful.

And I love how you talk of a 'quill of garbled white', especially compared to the 'marble night'. Question: is the marble black, as anyone would suppose (night is 'black' after all), or 'white?' Maybe just because I love the idea of a 'white night', but then, the second line of the first stanza wouldn't make any sense if it was the case... would it?

I also like the idea of a clock 'whispering', as well as the opposition in the second line of the stanza. 'remember/forgot'

Nice poem!
Princess-anna57 chapter 11 . 1/10/2010
Great job here! Fantastic alliteration and flow. Excellent! :) Write on!

~Anna~ _
jojoba-music-girl chapter 4 . 1/6/2010
I love how every piece is different, but still has something in common. I like the shortness of the poems, it makes it easy to read. Good job!
Isca chapter 11 . 1/5/2010
"Arabesque of the candle." God, that's a glorious image! I'm impressed.

Your diction in this poem is quite noteworthy: appellation, Burgundian, turpitude, etc. It takes a masterful writer to use such words with ease (and you do so). :)
scudcrow chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Good rhythm, easily to understand, and the style is ebbing with a poetic flow and has a hint of archaic touches (ex: faery)!

W.r.t to my poem "A Cobblestone Labyrinth" you'd reviewed-many thanks.

To answer your question: "cobblestone labyrinth" doesn't allude to a paradox or oxymoron. It was a small, prescriptive building block I found to fit into the bigger picture.

Best,

K
Lady Livia chapter 11 . 1/5/2010
"the turpitude of time."

...Gave off a humm of perfection. An excellent rhyme and end of the poem. :)
Punslinger chapter 11 . 1/4/2010
Awesome alliteration always assuages angst. Give us more.
116 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »