Reviews for When Life Gives You Pens
Luckycool9 chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I like the way this poem questions our very existence because it shows that we don't truly have a reason to love but we keep doing it anyway without stopping. I also like the darkness of this piece because it holds true to life and is a question we ask ourselves every day.
Everdite chapter 12 . 10/24/2012
Yes. If you love someone and they don't love you back, they break your heart every day.
Everdite chapter 11 . 10/24/2012
A choice. Left or right or even something else if take the meaning as a metaphor. What to choose, what to choose...?
Everdite chapter 10 . 10/24/2012
Yes, advice I should most likely take but never do. Good way though.
Everdite chapter 9 . 10/24/2012
Yes, this is true. I remember many times where someone or even me has offered help but never what they truly need, maybe not enough or even unwillingly.
Everdite chapter 8 . 10/24/2012
Ha! Yes, I do it too.
Everdite chapter 7 . 10/24/2012
I should probably have asked that on quite a few occasions. To many people have let me down but then I do too...
Everdite chapter 6 . 10/24/2012
Many, this week to be exact.

Ah, now warp that into a story and it could have quite a bit a humor.
Everdite chapter 5 . 10/24/2012
Ah, now this is true. I've had many of these, friendships that seem like they'll forever yet as time moves forward they become lost.
Everdite chapter 4 . 10/24/2012
It is true that for a beggar girl who had no money to be then handed a five dollar bill would be a miracle.

Thank you! Now I have an idea for a story.
Everdite chapter 3 . 10/24/2012
To throw away the pain in the fire. It is truly human nature to avoid pain and negative emotions and by throwing them to the flames it is just another example.
Everdite chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Yes, that is the question. Why is it that we exist if we're only going to tear ourselves apart with war.
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 7 . 10/14/2012
I like the meaning in this. I think it's something everyone can relate to - we all want to know we have friends (or at least A friend) who will be there through anything.

This is one of those cases though where I think the writing itself is watered down with unneccesaries - all those little words (taking up syllables) that don't add any depth of meaning to the piece.

- Moonstar, Courtesy of the Review Game's Review Marathon! (Link in my profile.)
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
I like the tone of this. It's faintly melancholic, but mostly simply resigned, and I think it fits perfectly with the situation it presents. I also like that it's highly relatable. Everyone *does* get those days, and that makes its meaning stick.

- Moonstar
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
Aww - I like the emotion you get across in this. Very sad, but well-portrayed. I also like your last line in particular "lost in folds of time" - it almost makes friendship seem like this physical, prized token that, if not looked after, can get tangled up in an old shirt or tucked under a curtain and never found again. Anyway, it's a neat phrase.

- Moonstar