Reviews for Father Ocean
S. M. Saves chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
An interesting and creative play on mythology behind the creation of the ocean. I have read plays on myths before but never ones that described how the ocean came to be. Kudos on originality.

"Anyway, I have no time to regret such things.": The "anyway", to me, came off as strangely informal. Yes, it is first person view but can another word choice be substituted in such as "regardless" or can it be taken out entirely without changing the feel of the piece?

"You may know them as fish./ They are my toys, my children./ And you, you who I called friends, you poison them.": I also like how, although entertaining, the piece manages to convey a message to the readers.

You've been repaid.

S. M. Saves
ADSpencer chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Oh, wow! This is such a wonderfully creative story told in this poem. Wonderful job. I especially love the way it begins. You really captured the voice of the narrator well.
The Tragedian chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
WHOA! THIS IS PHANTASTIC!

My fave line: "They changed me, slowly though, so I could suffer." It totally sings something Erik would say. The change being his deformity.

LYLAS,

F.H
scripted chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
. .

That's all I have to say.

...Except that would be an awful review...

You have no idea of how you came up with this? Man...please do find out soon - because I need to know your secret. I love the story behind it; past, present and future. It's such a different outlook on the ocean...and it's brilliant D

And, at the end of it all...It holds a message... Too good ]]

Glad you're back! 8D