Reviews for The Black Rose
seredemia chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I loved how you described the black rose as a cloak of darkness. That was a great metaphor... I'm rather confused as to why the white rose was dying though, but I liked how it seemed to envy the black rose. I actually expected the black rose to be the one doing the envying, not the white one. Well, since this is about roses I liked this poem :) Roses are cool, yeah.
KelaBelle chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Every poem of yours, that you seem to do is amazing.

I love the detail in this one.

Instead of red rose it's black rose, which is a wowazer good idea.

Good stuff you have got.
Frayling0 chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Unique and beautiful... had a rich depth too. Loved this line: 'I am ruined, a pale shadow of a beautiful flower.' Great work! Luke. P.S I guess you got bored of Time of Kings, was upset to see your reviews stop. Ah well, I apologise for writing a bad story, maybe I'll do better next time.
Corrupted Echoes chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
an emotive and beautiful poem - even if the theme of it is not a positive one. a great use of language here
scripted chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
This is so...different.

The colour black is usually associated with darkness, pain and failure - whilst white represents purity, peace and joy. So I really like the twist with this.

Ahh, and that first line! It was too good, and completely captured me to read on ]

You've changed my perception, my friend...

-scripted