Reviews for edith are we not
D. Cowman chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I love leonard cohen, that man's singing is my favorite lullaby. I also love this poem, and the repetition of edith having said she wasn't a poet. I like how edith shifts from a person to an object in my perception. I love this line:

"that in her chest is an ugly sweater wrapped around a chestnut,"

You're good at this, keep it up. You inspired me.
downforthecount chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
You are amazing. This is amazing.
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
...and now I love the name Edith.

Great tone in this, very caustic.

Keep writing!
she smolders chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
The people you write about in your poetry always feel so real to me after I read it, like I want to know them or maybe I want to be them.

And Leonard Cohen is always a great form of inspiration. :)
kat.tastropheexhotmail.com chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
"edith believes in strange summers and ugly sweaters and rich wars raged within your own ribs."

this is my favorite line in the whole piece, especially about the "rich wars raged within your own ribs". spectacular writing; i loved it.

k.X
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I loved all the bits you stuck into this "tannic acid" and alphapet to find a rhyme" very unique!
Isca chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
"Edith, we are not." Oh wow. I don't know what it is about this line, but there's something deeply moving and profound about it-as if the words 'we are not' pertain to sorrow or death. I love this line. :)

"I can see you starting to whither." I like that the speaker compares Edith to a flower.

"Now you're rotting." Brilliant ending!
gg. lass chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
this is beautiful.

usually repetition bugs me but in this poem it only added to the out-coming effect.

nice job.

yours until the wind changes,

gg