Reviews for Cat's-Eye PI: European League of Heroes
Pterodactyl chapter 36 . 3/14/2010
Thank you for writing this. I just spent the last 6 days reading this on and off because I couldn't stop reading it. This is the first set of characters that I have honestly gotten attached to in a long time.

Good luck on your next installment, I shall be awaiting the notification email.

And thanks for saying something about Beacon for the next arc.

RFYS! (Read From You Soon)

Pterodactyl
violinrunner chapter 36 . 11/13/2009
Yes! Awesome ending!

Sorry I cut out on the feedback: I was enjoying reading it in a big chunk...

At any rate, I love how Kieth was rescued. "I can fly!" And I love O'Conner's response to that. So fatherly. And the Secret Santa was great. T's was brilliant.

Oh. Did the Psionic Doom Irregulars get arrested, or did they escape? I don't remember reading that.

So, I suppose you're in the process of writing Cat's-EYe PI: Beacon right now, with NaNo and all. Hope that goes well for you. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment!
violinrunner chapter 24 . 11/3/2009
Whoa. Note to self - don't get Cat mad.

Sorry I took so long to read this. Life has been beyond hectic. Great chapter, though. I like that Gregory's plan worked. Midge came back with a new perspective, courtesy of Cat's outburst.

I look forward to getting caught up!
Jeruselum chapter 36 . 11/2/2009
I have really enjoyed reading this story! I read the first 'book' and loved it! My only question is: what is happening with Sade! I feel so bad for Gregory :(

looking forward to the next installment!
violinrunner chapter 23 . 10/14/2009
Cat! You idiot!

Good idea of Jonathon's however. That'll - hopefully - put the White Serpent on her toes and make her do something stupid out of panic.

Why don't bad guys ever go on vacation? This city needs a break!
violinrunner chapter 22 . 10/13/2009
Oh no. Forget what I said about the plus side. It just got cancelled out. Wow. That's a lot of murders in one night. Wow...

At any rate, I LOVE the beginning of the chater. I love the fact that they think they can hack into Midge's computer. I mean, seriously guys. It's Midge we're talking about.

And the phone conversation between O'Connor and Midge was great. Love it. Keep it up!
violinrunner chapter 21 . 10/13/2009
Wow. That's some chapter. Lee's right: yeah, maybe working for the White Serpent for two years was a bad idea, but Sade WOULD have done the same, so no one can really blame him (Need more evidence? - he's not in jail right now, is he?)

I liked the opening scene, for all the gruesomeness of it, it was a sweet moment for Gregory and Sade, and opens up some of their relationship to us.
violinrunner chapter 20 . 10/12/2009
Nice recasp paragraph - and nice explanation of the science of super powers!

You know, I think Jonathon's intuition about coffee and bagels counts as a superpower. :P

Do you mean to say that everything they went through was for nothing after all? Blast. And yet, somehow, I think Midge is going to find a way to use his blood. She IS Midge, after all, and she can do anything.

Hopefully the movie helps.
violinrunner chapter 19 . 10/11/2009
That wasn't so good. At least they got what the came for. It's too bad they coudn't finish him off altogether, though.

Pat does pretty well as a rookie superhero. I like the sunglasses idea - and the description of Americans as bending the rules without actually breaking them. :)

You know, there could be a plus to the Hastrman working with the White Serpent. She wants Gregory alive. If she has the Hastrman under her control, he won't be out for Gregory's skin for a while.
violinrunner chapter 18 . 10/9/2009
This was a terribly short chapter! But important all the same. Once more, I complement your style and technique. I love the way you revealed their plan (the oriinal one) through their conversation - in fact, the whole chapter was conversation, and gave all the necessary information, and revealed more about people's characters, and didn't fall back on the usual "The plan was simple: Midge would...etc."

I like it very much.

I think something is going to go horribly wrong, however. I REALLY hope Midge doesn't get hurt. That would be bad. Well - I hope no one gets hurt, but Midge isn't a super hero; it's not part of her job description. I wonder if the Hastrman will take the bait, or if he'll be too smart for them.
Spideymint chapter 18 . 10/9/2009
Wow... this makes me really nervous. Baiting never works D:
violinrunner chapter 17 . 10/8/2009
She hit him! That TOTALLY made my day! I liked this chapter a lot, with (more or less) everyday things going on in the midst of the whole Serial Killer/Psionic Doom Irregulars/White Serpent drama. Poor Gregory. He really needs to stop blaming himself. What else could he have done - besides stand by and let Sade die?

At any rate, I hope - I HOPE - the emails help!
violinrunner chapter 16 . 10/8/2009
Oh blast. Blast blast blast. Not so good. There are so many villains on the loose that I keep getting startled by another one raising its ugly head again.

Well, at least Cat's team and the ELH heroes together can beat the Psionic Doom Irregulars. Now they need to just get them behind bars for good...or at all. Cat was right - the transportation was the hard part.

I'm also glad they saved the Hastrman's victim. That's really gross, though. They really need to stop him soon.
violinrunner chapter 15 . 10/6/2009
But what if the Hastrman comes when Gregory can't use his powers?

Good idea, with the power suppressant. I didn't even think of that! - though personally, I think I'd have let Gregory go. The Patriot deserves a beating. I'm curious to see how Cat's meeting with him will go.

Yes! Gregory finally knows the truth about Sade! I hope he finds her - and I hope they move to Atlanta, because Cat's Eye PI wouldn't be the same without Gregory, ELH or not.

I'm really glad the ELH and Cat's team are going to work together instead of doing the whole team rivalry thing. It's going to be hard enough for Gregory without having to choose between team loyalty. I guess the Hastrman has his benifits (if small ones).

All the same, the sooner gone, the better.
violinrunner chapter 14 . 10/6/2009
When you said Lee had an accent, you had me scared for a minute, but as I'm typing this, I'm also remembering that Cat saw the Hastrman, so he wouldn't come to their office in broad daylight.

Maybe Lee will tell Gregory about Sade?

What, exactly, is Lorrie Peterson up to? At first I thought playing by the books was a good idea, but now I'm thinking she might e working for the other side. And flirting with Jonathon? Does she really mean that? Her character has me really confused right now.

Oh Merrick! Stop being stupid! He needs to get over sulking and come back (figuratively speaking - since he's in protective custody) At any rate, I'm glad Jonathon interrupted before Cat called Ray. That would NOT have been good.