Reviews for Causalties of War
Leon Trotsky chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Okay. So a single tear is kind of cheesy. I mean no one -really- cries in single tears, at least not when they come home to find their mother dead. But otherwise I really liked it. It was very sad, yes, but rather beautiful. What I didn't like is that it ended on a rather hopeless note. I mean, I like war stories that are miserable because that's the reality of war, but I love even more when there's still some hope. Except for All Quiet on the Western Front, which is pretty much completely hopeless by the end, but is still one of my favorite books. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do so now. God, it's amazing.
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Good story, but I caught a few mistakes. I don't think 'daddy' should be capitalized, and you wrote 'Daddy's' instead of 'daddies'. Also, the dialogue is not very believable. Here is a tip: when wanting to give the reader information that the characters already know, narrate it instead of dialoguing it. Also, the language didn't have the feel of the 1930s/1940s. But it was a good plot.

Best of Luck,

Sergeant Rock
Orange Oxymoron chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Possibly one of the best short stories I've read.