Reviews for Crescent Lane
Parenthetical chapter 2 . 3/23/2010
Why doesn't this story get more reviews? :/ I like it so far and it's very well-written. Maybe because it's quite dark? Not that it's a bad thing.
Written chapter 17 . 3/3/2010
a friend of mine recently made it clear that he was suicidal, which has both kept me away from this story (i have panic attacks that he's going to die and cant even do my school work, let alone read), and kept me thinking about it.

i uh, voted for you at skow! today is the last day for votes i think, so i finally sat down and made my choices.

christi and keith scene was superb. the love. the hate. ouch. it was hot?

and maggie finally explains everything, and I think I get her, even though I think I hate her sometimes :) I understand why she feels this way. she's such a great character.

sorry for being away for so long. good luck at skow.
Le Meg chapter 19 . 2/19/2010
I don't know if I've ever read a character on FP that needs a hug more than Blake.
shutterbaby chapter 19 . 2/19/2010
THREE. MORE.

*bites fingernails off*
D-Mish chapter 17 . 2/12/2010
The time dates on this are so bloody confusing. I think if you were to get this published or rewrite it or something, you'd need to put the previous dates in different chapters - its honestly so confusing otherwise. I mean, the plots confusing enough.

Great writing though, love it. Sometimes a little too much description but the dialog. Good character development too. Update soon :)
Le Meg chapter 17 . 2/10/2010
Okay. It's taken me a few days to read through this in its entirety, but I have finally caught up, and now I must consider the many webs you're weaving. But first thing's first: great writing. Good strong voice, great focus on the characters, and your descriptions of both their mental process and the actual settings are well done. I think occasionally a paragraph becomes too long-not that it rambles, but that the block is bigger than what the eye wants to handle. That's something I'm constantly doing in my own writing, and have only just started to correct.

The characters are wonderful, most of them have great depth (minus Kathy, who apparently desires to make homewrecking her life's goal. It's interesting in that though she's a big part of how everything turns, she's only one of the group whom we never get any personal insight on at all. I don't know if you're doing that deliberately or not, so I suppose that's a compliment), and regardless of my personal feelings towards them, I can see who they are and how they came to be that way, and I understand the decisions they make, even if I don't agree with them.

That said, I want to punch Margaret in the face. Repeatedly. And then I chastise myself for the emotion because I remember she's only seventeen, and the decisions I made at that age weren't any better or more self-aware. I guess that's what intrigues me the most about her character: she knows her friends well, the boys at least, but she's never taken the time to get to know herself. She absolutely refuses to step back and look at herself, and she refuses to acknowledge her own guilt in things. I'm not saying that she is to blame for everything that's happened because clearly she wasn't, but I think in this chapter especially she put a lot of weight on Blake's shoulders for her own pain that he doesn't necessarily deserve. A great deal of the fault is his, but some of it is her own doing because of her inability to be honest with herself.

I spend a great deal of this story fighting my reactions to her. Once or twice I've had to walk away and come back to the story later because of her. I hope I don't come across as angry or complaining because I think this is the greatest compliment a person can give in terms of the creation of a character-Margaret is the most complex, deluded, fragile little creature I've read on FP in a long time and the history and the personality you've built her is excellent. I have my problems with her, obviously, but I tip my hat to you for the effort in her creation.

And as a total side note, I love how abrasive Keith and Christi are and I've been waiting for this moment for the entire story, lol. I can't wait to see how this new strain develops, how it changes their perceptions of each other and their other relationships, and how quickly everybody else notices the change. ;)

Kudos, darling!
morpheusandmuse chapter 17 . 2/10/2010
omg! i knew it! I knew there was too much sexual tension between keith and christi for them not toact upon it! wonderful. BLAKE AND MAGGIE FOREVER. god i wish they would just make nice and get together...
L chapter 17 . 2/10/2010
simply superb.
morpheusandmuse chapter 9 . 2/9/2010
oh my goodness. i'm on the 9th chapter and i absolutely can't go on anymore. it is so painful to read this story because i'm so afraid of what is going to happen;so frustrated with the drama that the characters are going through. simply exquisite.
sixtwentyfive chapter 16 . 2/6/2010
I really, really love this story. It's so very good. I hope you plan to continue it and I can't wait till you do! Great work!
Written chapter 16 . 2/6/2010
I think i totally spelled her name christie instead of christi... ew, i hope not. if i did, apologies.

:( christi and david make me sad. and what keith said about native nations made me a little irritated myself, ha.
Written chapter 15 . 2/6/2010
I kind of get margaret now... I mean, she's afraid to be one of "those" girls for him... but he loves her! argh, this is so frustrating.
Written chapter 14 . 2/6/2010
"they share all the important moments"

poor keith, seriously. i kinda see him and christie, i guess... it could work. maybe.
shutterbaby chapter 15 . 1/29/2010
Man it's great when you update. :) So we finally find out more or less what went down with Christi's scumbag ex. And also what went on with Blake...was that the fire, when he came back from camping?

(Oh, and I think in the previous chapter you might want to recheck the dates.)
Written chapter 12 . 1/27/2010
oh my god, the conversation david and christie have just makes me shake, when she says she won't come back. oh my god. and also the one that keith and blake have. arrgh. amazing.

(“You don't get it,” David pairs with a glare. He presses a foot to the table, light enough that the card house doesn't topple. “She's perfection,” he insists as that leg lifts. He kicks the coffee table hard enough for it to flip into Blake. He jumps back as it tumbles, the cards scattering to the floor. “She's fucking perfect.”)

I wonder what he means by this... is he intimidated by her, or does he think she's too good for him?

I like that blake invites him to go see a movie. that is cool.

argh and then the end. BLAKE. MAGGIE. be together. yours truly, me.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »