Reviews for Crescent Lane
Written chapter 11 . 1/26/2010
another heavy chapter. blake and margaret are just, ugh, they are in my heart, i swear.

“I love you because it's easy, but I love him even though it's difficult.”

that line just broke my heart. and the end of this chapter was fantastic too. you really delve into these characters so deep and with just a few words- it's a skill.
shutterbaby chapter 14 . 1/26/2010
"Margaret watches the subtle shifting, the growing confidence and the final standing on his own."

I read it as a prophetic line. I really hope Blake will come into his own, and that Maggie will be there.

P.S: this doesn't read as a best friend cliche; it is too real, and I am gladder for it.
shutterbaby chapter 13 . 1/26/2010
Once again, you amaze me. Also, I deluded myself into thinking that Blake and Maggie might actually get together for real here. FALSEFALSEFALSE. And Kathy...for someone who's supposedly less than bright, she's surprisingly cunning at times.

Loved the Blake-David heart to heart.

(A few typos..."rappelling," rather than "repelling"... I can't remember any of the others. Hey, would you be interested in a beta? Because I would totally do that. This story is going incredible places - that's a promise.)
shutterbaby chapter 12 . 1/25/2010
see aforementioned review about how much I love you.

I hope the "why can they never be more than friends?" question in the story summary was rhetorical. Because they can. They're so close, they just need a nudge, probably from Blake because he's Blake and Maggie's Margaret.

Can't wait for an update.
shutterbaby chapter 5 . 1/24/2010
So I just found your story.

I think I love you.

Erm yeah that's it. :) I can't believe you only have 9 reviews. What's wrong with the people of FP? Although I have to say, you'd probably get more reviewers if you allowed unverified reviews, because right now you have it blocked.
Written chapter 10 . 12/8/2009
aww. even though maggie is frustrating me, i think their friendship is way sweet. i love that she's there for him even when... she messed things up the way she did.

I'm intrigued to see where things with keith go, though. she obviously cares for him but she also hasn't told him the truth or forgotten what he did. so much unresolved tension!

as always, loved reading it. thanks for continuing to post! sorry i'm such a sporadic reader though... my internet actually went out for good for a while (I think almost a full week? not sure), and then I was also just busy with studying for finals :)

see you hopefully soon! i'm always a chapter behind, darnit.
Written chapter 9 . 12/2/2009
okay, so my internet at home has completely crapped out on me... it took me pretty much five minutes just to load this review box. here's hoping it goes through!

i can't believe margaret is just getting back together with keith. i mean, she really needs to tell him the truth, for starters.

I thought the line about the tapestry near the end is a great one, really meaningful! as usual, your writing doesn't disappoint.

i also thought the scene with blake's father was really intense, and yeah :/ left a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I'm probably going to have to hold off on reviewing for a couple of days because i have a double physics exam (thursday and friday), but i'll be back to read more on the weekend, if my internet isn't still all buggy! thanks for posting. I hope you pick up some more reviewers.. I guess fictionpress just doesn't have all that much activity.
Written chapter 8 . 11/29/2009
hey! I couldn't really keep up over thanksgiving break but I'M BACK. my internet is a little shot, so I hope this review goes through.

I have to wonder what margaret's deal is. I mean, it seems like she's scared of intimacy (or... she just doesn't want it with blake and keith?), and it seems like she and blake are meant to be, but why is she pushing him away! this is so aggravating but good. i guess it's clear that blake wants her but it seems like she has a lot of fear and some issues about relationships or maybe just blake.

maybe it will all become clear to me later :)

but yeah, and then the whole drama with david was intense :/ in so few chapters I've come to worry about your characters a lot! please do update again soon, or else I'll give in to temptation and read the whole thing on lj haha :) and then my studies would go down the drain, because I have a test coming up... eep!

wonderful work so far!
Written chapter 7 . 11/24/2009
I keep trying to review this story but my internet is really fail today... sorry. anyway, I'm excited to see an update, and I saw your author note. I'm totally interested, though I could also read on LJ... your choice I guess?

I liked this chapter. there was the whole drama of keith and then maggy and blake... I'm definitely wondering how they will react to each other in the morning. I mean, blake seems to adore maggy, but maybe she's still hung up on keith? even though he's so lame... haha.

I like the way you portray all these characters, it's truly fascinating. thanks for writing :)
Written chapter 6 . 11/24/2009
sigh. keith is such a dumbass. okay, i'm about to pass out, but I love this story. you should check out the forums and maybe play the review game to get this some more love or something.
Written chapter 4 . 11/24/2009
oh wow, that was a really intense chapter... I wish she wouldnt string along keith though. as usual, your writing is mesmerizing.
Written chapter 3 . 11/24/2009
I admit, I kind of love Blake. and I'm sorry I only read this story when it's late, but its 4 am! I can't think of anything else to say.
Written chapter 2 . 11/24/2009
omg, sorry for the hit and run review. first of all, what the hell? how do you not have more reviews? your characters are already so compelling.

anyway, I'm a flake, but hi.

you manage a huge cast of characters with a lot of sensitivity. i love it. and I'm wondering where these different plot threads are going.
Written chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
interesting start! it seems like you've spent a lot of time on this... I'll read and review more in depth later but just thought I'd say hi and add this to my faves for now so that I don't forget about it.
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3