Reviews for Sunshine
Mushypork chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
wow I wasn't really expecting such an original and raw story. I feel really attached to Sunshine and Star and I really wonder what happened for all the personalities to develop. It also helps that I just saw an Oprah episode by chance a few days ago on multiple personalities. A lady had 92 personalities o_o. It's really amazing the lengths the human mind can stretch to. I really love how you have written this story. You've tapped into a great understanding of what it would be like. Ah I just love it so much thanks for sharing (:
TheMoltenWindow chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Wow... I cant think of anything to say. I'm tearing up, you made me cry! Really powerfull. I have no idea where you got that idea from but it was a stroke of genius. The way you told it, the emotions you made them feel with out plainly writing it, the way they interacted, even the back drop to it all. Truly amazing, its left me speechless, I'm touched and I feel like I've just been let inside her head. Even the names held importance. Not too long, not to short.

The best story on this website I have ever read, and I've read a few. Thank you so much for posting this. You have truly wowed me, unbelivable talent.
Eternal Essence chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This is one of the most original things I've ever read. I don't always see very many things on Fictionpress having to do with mental disorders, so this is very refreshing as well as creative!

I did have to reread it again to kind of understand it completely, but it was over all worth it.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I think that the world outside is too colorful and too noisy and too sunny, but I would rather wander outside than remain confined in a windowless room. (When I read the first paragraph, I suspect that Star might be an unreliable narrator.)
myxe chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Wow. This was great, albeit confusing. I had to read the story two times and read the other reviews to understand, because at first I was just staring dumbly at the computer screen.

I think I understand it now. Um, Sunshine is the real one, but Star is like her other personality. Bipolar? Cause you said they look very much alike but opposite personalities. Taylor is Sunshine's boyfriend? Star keeps all of her friends alive, who are all made up, but Sunshine doesn't want them around. Sunshine is fighting to not let Star win her over, I'm presuming to be the main personality or something? I don't know anything about multiple personality disorders so I'm just guessing lol. But like in another review, Taylor tries to surpress Star and bring back Sunshine with things like that red ribbon. I'm guessing Sunshine likes red so if Taylor brings something that Star doesn't like, but Sunshine does, it surpresses Star and Sunshine is able to come back? Also, when Sunshine mysteriously dissapears is when Star takes over? And when no one is around they can talk to eachother freely. I think that would be considered talking to yourself on Sunshine's behalf, and having made up friends who no one else can see or hear is also considered mental... Not sure... I'm just taking educated guesses. Also, Mrs. Mom is a physiologist or something? Asking all those questions and most probably faking the windening eyes thing. Taylor is trying to help Sunshine, and Sunshine and Star do feel the same things, what with them being the same person or something.

Okay, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Did I get something wrong or did I miss anything? Or better yet, did I understand correctly, because I'm not so sure myself.

This story was very interesting and well thought out. I loved it, and even more so because I read it two times. I actually read all of your stories at some point or another, I never even realized they were written by you until I checked your profile. Oh an damn you for being so lucky. You got to graduate early. You can't see me right now but just imagine I'm sulking and pouting in a corner somewhere. Heh heh.

Love your stories. ;3 Toodles! Lol...
Emedea chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Wow, this was incredible. I didn't really understand it at first, but I read through it a second time, and I believe I understand it now. Is Sunshine the "real" person? And Star and all the other people who no one can seem to see are just parts of her mind? Mrs. Mom is obviously the psychologist, and Taylor is Sunshine's boyfriend, I assume. I feel like Star stands up for Sunshine because Sunshine always disappears when Mrs. Mom shows up, but Star is also rather parasitic because she takes over Sunshine's mind, and Sunshine feels like she doesn't have the strength to prevent this. I also feel like the red ribbon has significance. Well, technically it should, because as my English teacher once said, everything in a story has a point. I feel like the ribbon is a part of Sunshine and Taylor's life, just as Monopoly and chocolate ice-cream are, and he brings these things to bring out Sunshine and suppress Star. Then again, this could all be completely wrong. I do have a tendency to come up with theories that are the complete opposite of the truth sometimes.

The only thing I don't really understand is what exactly is wrong with Sunshine (or Star, if she's actually the real person). I was thinking Multiple Personality Disorder, but I remember that I watched this show, Lie to Me, and one episode had a girl who had multiple personalities. I feel like Star is a personality of Sunshine, but Katie and Rogert and Carolina and the others don't seem like they're part of Sunshine, so that part confuses me. Perhaps I just don't know enough about the disorder though.

But I still think this story is amazing. The tone is perfect and having Star tell the story, and not Sunshine, is a genius idea. This is an amazing story!
Lucid Lune in Acoustic chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
No it didn't confuse me at all, _ quite early on I realized she was in a mental hospital. I didn't know that Sunshine was actually the one who had multiple personality disorder! Really cool, all of those ficticious pieces of the personality splitting off so it seems that they are their own people, rather than all belonging inside of one person is rad. Horrible to go through, but rad to read!
maiff chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Truthfully, I don't get it. (My brain is slowly processing it). It's very interesting and original! So... I kinda concluded that Star is in a mental institution. Sunshine is like her sane self (since I kinda assumed Sunshine had a mental disorder... probably delusion or shared psychotic disorder. idk) Whatever. I still like it despite the confusion.
Sing.it.like.you.mean.it chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Hey, I was really interested by this. It's really original and creative, but kind of confusing in the end. It's sort of like you I'm realizing things as I read, like Star is likely in a mental insitution, and her friends are made up. But what I don't really understand the concept surrounding Sunshine. Is she really her sister, or is she just a part of Star's subconsious?
Rhapsody's Song chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
That's a really cool story. Very different. I loved it!
blurrylights chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Hm...this was kind of confusing, but i think I may get the gist of it?

Star is in a mental institution and all her friends are made up. Sunshine is actually really her sister, or a made up part of herself. If Sunshine is a part of herself, Taylor could be her boyfriend, and him not seeing her friends could be a part of Star trying to grasp reality. She may realize subconsciously that there is something wrong with her.

Anyway, this was really cool...if you could explain it to me, I would probably like it more. Update soon! :)
AmethystEyes0 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
im confused... it seems interesting... but i dont understand what's going on... and it doesn't seem finished...
Tetelestai chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Very original, I really liked this!

It was a little confusing the first time I read it (I had to reread it to really 'get' it)

So this is what I think... Sunshine/Star is the same person, in some sort of mental institution (white walls, etc. etc.). Her friends like Katie and Sarah and them are made up and part of her imagination. Mrs. Mom is a doctor of some sort. Taylor is... Sunshine's boyfriend?

This was really sad and yet sweet at the same time

Good job!