Reviews for Free As A Bird
Filly and Phips chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I love how even though this is supposedly lighthearted the last line sorta plays with it. It's happy now, but the wings are only borrowed, so it gives a since of forbidding. *shrug*

My only issue is that as far as the rest goes its a pretty overused subject, I have some of them myself. I like your dark poetry tho ;D
Immortal Kiss chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
This is really well written and I loved the way you have phrased it all :)

And people really dont reveiw enough on this site, its rather sad.

Great stuff!
skyward squidly squee chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Hey. ;) For something way out of your comfort zone you did a pretty good job!

I like the flow in this one; it's nice, you're getting better. There is a lot of alliteration and assonance I noticed, which is great. "A *hund*red feet *up*," "*I'm* *fly*ing," etc. I also really liked the lines "And powerful wings/Alter the winds," and "I am a bird/Borrowing wings." And ooh! Internal rhyme; I always love that.

For criticism, I would just say this is a little simple and you could work on your descriptions/imagery.

- giant squid. 4 Review Game, Poems - Easy Fix
Mandisaurus-rex chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Whoa! Reading this actually made me sit up taller, like I was rising with the character. D Great, great peom ! Favs list!
bipedalcooney chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Wonderfully written. I was reading this, thinking about the common message of the "flying like a bird" image, until I reached the last line. You just took something typical, and turned the meaning around completely. I love how you've done something different with a common, nearly cliche theme. That last line is beautifully powerful. The concept of wings being borrowed brings up all sorts of feelings and questions about the poem and about life in general. As good poetry should. Awesome work!
ranDUMM chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Hey,

This was such a moving poem! I really loved it! I just looked at it, and I was like, woahh. Under the simple words is such a deep meaning and stuff :) Maybe this stanza didn't make sense:

But glittering feathers

I grasp on

And powerful wings

Alter the winds.

Other than that, great work! :D

ranDUMM
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Sweet as. Really nice. ;)