Reviews for Wedding Surprise
BMW-rocks chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Hey, I don't normally review stories, but thought I'd leave you a note. I thought this was really lovely, and expresses a lot of emotions, that make me think about what the closet means to me. Whether your family explicitly disapproves of your lesbianness or "approves" but doesn't want to hear about it, you have to decide whether you are going to accept their disapproval or fight it. I really felt Chris's anguish at making that decision.

If I were to suggest that there was a weak point, it would be in the secondary characters, who I felt were almost caricatures of a stereotype. Perhaps it is because I am not from the area, and therefore have thankfully never dealt with people like these, but I found it hard to see them acting in the way that they did. For example, Helene, if she is truly a refined snob of a woman, would not want to make a scene anywhere, and it seems to me she'd rather be polite to someone she disliked than create a situation where someone may lash out. But that's just me.

I also found it a bit bizarre that Sheryl did not tell her sister about the baby. Sheryl gets painted as a bit of a selfish, spoiled brat, who wants to be the centre of attention. It would make more sense for her to tell her sister about the baby, wouldn't it? I get that she doesn't want to hear about her sister's life, but to not tell Chris about her life seems odd.

Anyhoo, suffice it to say, I read this on a whim and I'm glad I did. It's definitely making me consider how much I want to discuss with my own family. Thanks for that.
Byakuyan chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
This is the best one shot I have ever read, it actually brought a few tears to my eyes near the end, I think you are an amazing author I love your stories.
Someone chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
It's extremely rare for my to browse around Fiction Press, but I'm glad I did today. This is the first story by you I've ever read - and I loved it! I'm definitely going to read the others sometime soon.

I'm not one to read romance stories, usually. But sometimes I browse around for something light and a bit different, and this is one of those things.

To be honest, I though the jumps in time were a bit awkward (huge gaps of... nothing?), but I liked the overall flow. I was quite surprised to read how you developed Berk's character. I thought him one of those prudes as well in the beginning, but he turned out even the better person than Sheryl during the anniversary. I especially liked Nicole - she's awesome :D

Well, I'm off reading more of your stories, although I might have to wait a bit with the longer ones.

I hope you'll be writing more soon! (Especially fantasy - my favourite :P)
phoenix6787 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
I read this the first day you posted it, and just realized I didn't say anything!

Two words for you...LOVED IT! You do the one shots real well. Great balance of detail, dialogue, and plot. For being such a short story, you had well developed characters. I felt as if I knew them. Two thumbs up, my friend!
beaumont santana chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
It's been a while since I have been on fictionpress, but I am glad that I checked back in! As always, your writing was just incredible and your story captivating. I always adore your characters and you do such a great job with every aspect of your stories, I am thrilled to have read this today. Thank you :)
master of suspence chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
well i have to say this is the best one shot i have ever read. it was well thought out and you can tell that. it moved at a good rate and it did not feel unfinished as much as i hate to say because i would love to hear more. and you are absolutely right when you said freedom is hopeful and i love that someone wrote a story that showed it so fully. congratulations on an awesome story.
Brii chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Very nice story! There's a good message behind your story :)
sam chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
I kinda wanted Sheryl to suffer a bit . :D

Very well written,just like all the others.
Mnemosyne chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
I rarely review stories on fictionpress but this one I feel I need to.

I absolutely adored this story. Very well written!
Omok chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
god I haven't been on Fp for so long...but dam. I can't help it but to give you a review today; no matter how lazy and tired I felt. x_x;;

First; gosh you're amazing.

and well,

last, (since I have a lot of homework to do) hope ya'll keep writing, and don't forget to update your other stories (I'm waiting. still.)
skalpro chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Oh fun! Are you gonna write more about that
26 | « Prev Page 1 2