Reviews for monsters
cab fed hig chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
this is my favorite piece of yours so far.

i know these feelings far too well- unable to be content with the love i've got because of the mingling regret and uncertainty of my own self; and knowing how selfish that is makes everything worse.

it reminds me of the movie 'Memento' about a man w/ short term memory loss. and this only increases the meaning of this poem for me, because of the tragedy in relation to that plot.

"i breathe,

forgetting

what i was

before today" - amazing. you are incredibly gifted at writing how the ends meet perfectly.
in the city of neon and chrome chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
i especially like the format for this. i don't think it would've been half as powerful if you organized it any other way. as for the subject matter, it was ominous because of the monsters and the fact that you never actually say what they are, but lighthearted because of the pure, innocent emotion ("i drown/in laughter" "i sleep/with my eyes/open"). very good. please write more.

as an afterthought, i'm kinda honored you asked me to r&r your stuff cuz i've seen you around before :)
3M2R chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
I'm at lost of words all of a sudden. Emotions surging through me, but I can't put them into words. uhh.. But... wow, yeah I know this comment sucks, but really, wow. Your poems really brings me into another world, and see the in a third person perspective of that person/ character.

Loves these:

at the tiny

monsters

on my windowsill,

haunting me"

When I read the last stanza, I though you repeated th first stanza, but when I reread it again, I realize otherwise.

This really wowed me, speechless.
Xundra chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Ah, I like this one a lot... ) It's how I try to be. Remembering, but not dwelling.
jessica kelli chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
your poetry astounds me.

you have a wonderful way with words, m'dear.
steffxnie chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
excellent poem. absolutely love it!

x
Musickk Darling chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
I love the two middle stanzas the most.

They're very expressive, and something I

can definitely relate to.

Not to mention the beginning and the ending stanzas-

rather clever transitions, if you ask me.

DiaRose chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Lovely as sin, darling, such a clean, crisp image comes to mind and it wakens my mind. Love it.

Love,

Dia
noctema chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
i love this poem. it's very nostalgic. :]

the length was perfect, and so were the length of the stanzas. it flowed nice and everything fit together very well. i enjoyed the last stanza especially.
t-t-t-ouch chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I really like this. The only thing that I would really suggest is that you use a little bit more punctuation, so the reader can have a sense of how you want the poem to be red. Are there pauses? Or are two lines meant to be read like one? Other than that, great job.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
wow... made me shiver
lymli chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
wow, I like this, the thing about changing in every moment is so true.

great piece.
luvhpfanatic chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Oh i love this! And all of your poems, quotes, and stories!