Reviews for Prokofiev and Maillot
xClutteredxChaosx chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Very beautiful !
Isca chapter 13 . 1/1/2010
"He can only breathe when he rests his head on her honeyed heart." The "h" sound repetition in this haiku makes this line that much more moving and gentle. This was a wonderful haiku collection - very vibrant, well-written, and avant-garde. :)
Isca chapter 3 . 1/1/2010
"Wishing I was the pale loss in your eye." This line is sacrosanct!
Isca chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Holy God. This haiku is absolutely breath-taking. I love the idea that a violin-sigh can entangle in one's throat; that's brilliant. :D
Lady Fingers chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
beautiful
tonight we bloom chapter 12 . 10/10/2009
i can't even explain how beautiful this is, one of the best haikus i've read in a while.
Ayx chapter 13 . 10/6/2009
I Love Lovers...

It says so much

and with so little.

Great Haiku
Brenda Agaro chapter 13 . 10/5/2009
Beautiful Haikus. I love the imagery and how you put together images and stories in just a few words. I haven't heard of Prokofiev and Maillot, but after reading reading these, I'm definitely going to check them out.

-*-

Corrections:

Lucien Postlewaite I:

{wishing I alone where the} I think "where" should be "were."

Carla K├Ârbes I:

{mapped by nights end.} night's.
in theory chapter 13 . 10/5/2009
I got a distinct image of her heart being like a honeycomb, with him breathing THROUGH it. I don't know if this is what you were aiming for though.

I think the most important word here is "only". It really opens this whole thing up to scrutiny/consideration, or just pure speculation.

Well I'm not sure if I've reached the end here, or if you have more to come, but this was a fun 3 hours :D You've inspired me to attempt structured poetry, maybe even *shock horror* a haiku...

in theory chapter 12 . 10/5/2009
Oh now this has replaced "A Banquette" as my favourite of the piece, but oddly enough it feels like it doesn't belong here. Probably because I've not actually read up/witnessed the subject material you're basing this series on though.

I love the "ocean of fingers", how these strange little bones can create things as vast and dangerous as the oceans themselves. And the palms acting as boats, basically at the mercy of the fingers. It's a very unique way of describing the act of placing your palms together, too.
in theory chapter 11 . 10/5/2009
Hmm I find your fusion of the two pairs of concepts, both so similar on paper to one another, fascinating. The differences between sense of self and selfishness, strength and strength of will are so slight but so distinct, combining them here leads me very far away in thought.
in theory chapter 10 . 10/5/2009
This did baffle me a lot. I don't understand how you can "pluck" something "into" something, isn't it...from? I like how you hyphenate dove-tailing across two lines though, that gives a strong bond to them, mirroring the meaning of the word nicely.
in theory chapter 9 . 10/5/2009
Back on track again, I like how this also contributes to the gradual, to borrow one of your own words, crescendo of sound references in this collection. "Caricature" this makes me think that the whole performance was so dramatic that attempts at dramatising it via poetry creates a kind of beautiful cartoon, which is kind of a strange end result. Strange is good though.
in theory chapter 8 . 10/5/2009
I found this a little incomplete to be honest. So far the all-haiku format has felt perfectly appropriate for the subject of each piece, but I don't think the same of this one. It's pretty though. But what do I know eh, I suck at haikus hehe!

in theory chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
I like the use of the word "act" here, it makes a connection to the performance/musical theme so far. But also, in context, it's a beautiful way to describe something as basic as breathing, softening it into a noise. Or, I dunno, are sounds and noises the same thing? Noise sounds loud, sound just..well. It makes this woman seem vaporous and difficult to define, is what I mean.