Reviews for Vulnerable
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
I love the formatting of this. The way "danger" and "beauty" are so separate makes them seem like whispers, or maybe thoughts.

[Standing on the edge/of something –/Convulsing/Unstable] Great lines!

Interesting interpretation of the prompt. The powerful descriptions of the volcano were expected, but I was really surprised by your interpretation at the beginning and end.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
This poem has wonderful stanza division that draws the eye perfectly and still stands out as a bold idea. I like the image of "doodling hearts". I'm not sure what I was expecting this to be, haha, but it was surprising because it wasn't whatever I was expecting-it was better!
Isca chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
"Standing on the edge of something-convulsing; unstable." I love this stanza-it's so captivating and abstract.

"A misunderstood fear of nature and unrequited love." I can definitely relate to the 'unrequited love' part of this line. This was a short, yet good piece. Good luck in the WCC this month. :)
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
I liked how use of ‘standing at the edge of something’ I like emotions being portrayed as a precipice. It works really well in this context. I also liked ‘a misunderstood fear of unrequited love’ especially your use of ‘misunderstood’ it makes me think that one or both of these lovers are not sure how to handle the power of their feelings.

I think the piece was short, which isn’t always a bad thing, but in this instance I got the since that you maybe wanted to say more. It feels unfinished to me, and because I liked where you were going with it, I don’t think it would have been difficult for you to continue with it.

Much love,