Reviews for Free Fall
WoodBetweenWorlds chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
That was pretty much definition of awesome!
Whitney Carter chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Always a good idea to get another perspective. I thought you were a pilot who's been shot down at first but alas. I think you could defiantly use this piece itself or as an undercurrent for something bigger.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Thanks for your review awhile back! Sorry it took me so long to return the favor.

I love that last line. It totally changes the entire meaning of the piece. It's unexpected and really creative.

The descriptions are awesome as well. The way you describe the free fall was really great and powerful.

The personification was great. Not only about the raindrop, but about the sky too. Nicely done.

PS If you're bored this weekend check out the Review Game and/or the Review Marathon (links in my profile).
Eclipsia Soulbird chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
At first I thought you were talking about angels, but I think it's even more touching that it's about raindrops. When I was like 3 years old I used to think everything had its own "soul" and this brings me back. Thank you. You conveyed your thoughts well and fluently within 100 words. Impressive!
AOK chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Wow, very clever; I've never thought of a raindrop's unfortunately short life that way. Up until the very last line, I thought the story was about someone who had...fallen out of a window, or maybe jumped off a building and realized too late that they really hadn't wanted to do it. XD I suppose that makes me a little morbid.

"The sky has been snatched away from me, and now it mocks me in cold conquest." I. Love. This. Line. :D Very poetic.

Funnily enough, I'm tempted to write a companion piece to go with your interesting little drabble... :)
Barack O'Drama chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Somewhat interesting premise that gets bogged down in cliche-ridden and trite language. Keep the storyline but rewrite it.
An-Author-At-Heart chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Oh wow, I have NEVER thought that before... basically because I study science so the idea of a water droplet having personality doesn't come to me, but still, a good idea. I would have preferred if it was written not necessarily with rhymes, but in a poetry format. Even so, the emotions were portrayed well.