Reviews for Halloween O' Halloween
WutNow chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Agent . Frappuccino here to return the favor!

Well, I can tell you're excited for Halloween. The rhyme was very entertaining. My favorite line was "Pumpkins glowing in the dark/ While vampires bite /and the werewolves bark" - I thought that was very cleverily written. I also liked when you mentioned MJ in there, I thought that was just fantastic. I can just imagine him digging out of his grave and dancing with us or something.

Very nice poem :)
The Wolf Demon chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I was loving it right up until you mentioned Micheal Jackson. I hate that guy.
xenolith chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
haha, this is awesome! I loved the snap and the rhyme in the third stanza, thought that was very clever. I'm not really into Halloween but this makes me want to be :)
ephemeral dance chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Short, fun little read! I love the atmosphere of Halloween, but for some reason I haven't really been getting into this year; but this poem did a good job at reminding me what I love about this time of year!

Also, the last line was wonderful. I loved it.

Good job on this. :)
GothOnTheInside chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Very cute. Enjoyed the rhyming lines and the rhythm. :) Nice Halloween imagery. Some suggestions: I would love to see "bite" in the 2nd line, 2nd stanza rhyme with the 2nd line in the 3rd stanza, the "skeletons not real" line. Also, I think the first stanza would have better flow if it was a couplet:

"Witches, ghosts, devils too.

That's October 31st for you."

What do you think?

You might want to change the line "suck Frankenstein's feet" to "suck Frankenstein's Monster's feet" (because Frankenstein is actually the doctor who made the Monster, who is never named).

My favorite stanza was the second one. :)
TymCon chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Nice poem:P Happy halloween:P
YasuRan chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
There were a couple of spelling mistakes but still fun to read. Hope you enjoy your Halloween :)
morticiansdaughter13 chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Haha. Wow, you wrote that poem for the day of my b-day! Haha. How ironic is THAT? Lol

It is extremely good. I love the part about Michael Jackson's Thriller reference. Lol. Haha. Great job.
ADSpencer chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Haha! I really like how you ended the poem. Any reference to "Thriller" works for me :D I also like that the werewolves are barking instead of howling.
Devil's Playground chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Ooh, I really like this! It's a very charming poem. Since you reviewed a story and I'm reviewing this, I'm going to try to be as thorough as I can be.

There were some spelling errors in here, and apostraphes out of place. Edited, it would read:

Witches,

ghosts,

devils too.

That's the 31st of October for you.

Pumpkins glowing in the dark.

While vampires bite

and the werewolves bark.

Monsters creeping from under your bed.

While skeletons get told they're not real,

they're dead.

So Trick or Treat,

Suck Frankenstein's feet.

As it's Halloween,

We'll dance to Micheal Jackson's Thriller beat.

I think I caught all of the spelling errors, but I may have overlooked something.

Overall, I really like the playful-yet-creepy tone you have going here; it fits the concept of Halloween perfectly! You have a lot of great images within it, and thoroughly cover all aspects of the idea. Besides candy. What's wrong with you, not mentioning candy!

Just kidding.

Anyway, the rhythm is also very good. It flows pretty well and the rhyming works, too - while reading it in my head it took on a natural beat so it was practically a song. The only part where the rhythm hiccups a little is the last stanza. I think you could take out the line "As it's Halloween" without losing any meaning, and it sounds a little better, but that's just an idea.

Also: "While Skeletons get told (they're) not real, (they're) dead" I think would sound better if "get" was turned into "are," but that's a personal preference.

Overall, I really enjoyed this - it has me all pumped for Halloween now! I love the spirit of the holiday, and this poem captured that childish-but-dark essence perfectly. :)
ColdCedric chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Hahaha, this is a very humorist poem that I have ever seen

I love the last line when we'll dance to Michael Jackson Feet

Good Luck to you from me, for the contest will be seem