Reviews for Blackbird
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I read this a while ago, and now again. I just love it. I admire your talent, and I aspire to learn from you. This has so much emotion without being overly done, and the writing is absolutely beautiful, Chas. Your imagery is sharp with just enough words to describe, and nothing is wasted here. Well done.

The grammar Nazi in me found these:

She jumped of that very bridge because she was crazy. She jumped off that very bridge because she was crazy.

I woke black beneath the colour. I wore? black beneath the colour. (Don't know what you meant, if he was in a black mood no matter what he wore, no matter what mood he outwardly displayed, or he wore black beneath his black clothing, or beneath any color of clothing.)

Her face was everywhere and everything: ever store clerk, every bus driver, even stranger on the street begging for change. Her face was everywhere and everything: every store clerk, every bus driver, even strangers on the street begging for change.
Insane Limericks chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Marvelously done. The past and the present snowball together in such a way that the emotions really strike and stabstabstab the reader in the chest.
JungleMan chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
This was stunning. This was beautiful. Words can't even describe how this story made me feel; it made me feel hopeful, but at the same time horribly saddened and distressed, but it was so much more than that. It captured the meaning of friendship and love and so many other things. Amazing.
morphine and lollipops chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I choked up. You did wonderfully. Haunting.
Ocean Owl chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
I loved this so friggen much. Your writing always blows my mind. The way you describe Neptune, and the flashback scenes with Raven were so exquisite. I like how even though there is alot of darkness to this, it doesn't end that way, you feel happy in the end, which is nice cause I'm a sucker for happy endings ;P.

garsh, arnt I just gushing har har. Anyway, lovely as always!
learntosayhello chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Wow.

That was amazing. So much story in such few words. Your use of repetition really makes the story a nice read, and you got to really like the characters, albeit the length of the story.

I liked it
Pot chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
This is such an interesting idea, all the characters are so interwebbed and credible, in the way their personalities suit their form of speech. Ashton is a darling, and while it isn't obscenely expressed, the feelings of guilt, death and mourning are there, clinging to the story like lingering perfume, it's all very well-written
Lyrical12 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
This is unbelievably gorgeous. I read it late last night and I haven't been able to get it out of my head all day. So poetic... I especially love the repetition when Neptune and Ashton's relationship is described in the same words as Neptune and Raven's... beautiful. Thank you for this poignant story!
xClosed chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I really love this style in the piece of work. It is very melancholy, as it should be, but at the same time there is this little spark of love.

My favorite line is the bit about meaningless sex. It made me smile.
Ri Kylee chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
I'm in awe. This is beyond beautiful.
kepteinen chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Two words: incomprehensibly beautiful.
puritanical-sin chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
This is beautiful, Chas. That's all I can say.