Reviews for The Facade

UnicornSlayer chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
This is brilliant.

Enough said.
frugale chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
You have a great sense of rhythm. I like how the messages in your poems have a certain dark side, yet a very bright one as well. Something I am eager to see more on fpress.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Love this one!

She preaches self-destruction

as redemption so

pristine.

- ansolutely amazing ]
Can'tThinkOfAName0123 chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
I must say, you are quite possibly the most amazing writer I've ever read. Either way, you make the Top Ten.

This was wonderfully horrific, if you know what I mean. Beautifully crafted, artfully chaotic, and pretty damn good, to boot!

It really made me step back and think. It's been a while since a piece of literature has made me do that. Thank you for this. It made my day (or night, I guess, but whatever).

I LITERALLY got chills. Amazing, amazing work.
deefective chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
Lovely. My favorite has got to be the last stanza.

"she’s a demon

with a hollowed heart, and

nitroglycerin wings."

Absolutely haunting.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
One of the few evenly rhyming poems I've read on this site that didn't sound trite or seem cheapened by the rhymes. Great diction and dark imagery. Many excellent lines, but my favourites would have to be,

"She’s the epitome of dichotomy,

in a world where denial

reigns supreme."
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
This is so wonderful & I'm jealous of your rhyming abilities.

So tragic and beautiful. Self destruction is an intriguing subject and always makes me think. Well done!

Favorite.
Isca chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
"She preaches self-destruction as redemption." This is an excellent line. I love the idea that death, if you'll pardon my vulgarity, is the 'ultimate orgasm.' I could go on and on about 'petit mort' and such, but I won't bore you.

"They're the hallmarks of a mind gone mad." The tone of this line is perfect - hard-hitting and mind-blowing.

"It's too late." Wow. This is my favourite part - it's so sad. :)

(Thank you, by the way, for all of the reviews you left me lately).
give me november chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
i've found many facade stories on here, and many of them tend to be cliche. but this was stunning, sad, and above all, original. i loved the rhyme scheme and the flow of it all, you're a very good writer. nicely done!:)

yours, always

willow
NoRoadsLeft chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
it's lovely and raw, in the unique way those two things fit togther. definitely worth five hours. i'm gonna need a dictionary, right now, but it's worth looking up all of those long words, i'm sure.
for shame chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
your rhyming is amazing.

i love the diction in this piece. it's smart, unlike a large majority of poems with monosyllabic words. i like big words. i like the way nitroglycerin rolls off of my tongue.
Elizabeth Alan chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Amazing. Love the word choices.
The Wolf Demon chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Fuck, that was gorgeous. Very nice.