Reviews for incompetence of yesterday
metacognitive chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Whoops thought I was signed in. What called me to this was the coffee line, to be honest, and I think it's quite useful. That idea of tiredness, it brings up old memories, regrets, wonders. Your first line, too, is quite lovely.
cab fed hig chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
great imagery, beautiful wording
mzy chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Really love this one. Especially the second half; specifically the first and third line of the second half.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
it's exciting to see your writing style develop and become more profound. i remember reading one of your first pieces and noting that you had some really big potential. and after reading each of your new pieces, i know i was right.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Beautiful :)
softersin chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
beautiful
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
i like the eloquent honesty of it,

like it's poetry without trying to be,

if that makes sense.

i love the line,

"as we paint a picture of hurt we cannot solve"
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
"holding hands with the only person who's been through it all before." this line i feel i can really relate to.

"nostalgia and coffee grounds trace shadows beneath my eyes" this line is just phenomenal.

this entire piece just held some very unique descriptions and i very much enjoyed reading it :)
3M2R chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Good imagery.

I love these lines:

"the incompetence of yesterday swells inside my heart

as we paint a picture of hurt we cannot solve"

"guitar strings stroke my tears away and create a world"

Very unique lines.

I've got to admit that this poem hasn't touched me the way the others I've reviewed has, but it's still good anyway.

Ger.
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
i love the imagery...especially the last stanza. the line about the guitar strings stroking away your tears is especially my favourite. nice work.
the lovely rebel chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I really like your style of poetry. The poems are really specific and full of imagery, but you leave it up to the reader to decide what it means to them. All of your poems really are very nice, this one especially though. I really like the line "and I choke back tears when screams echo from below, holding hands with the only person who's been through it all before." I'm not sure why. But I just really like it.

The only thing I have to criticize is that you spelled rhythm wrong. Otherwise, it's really good :)