Reviews for Regan Saves the Drama Club!
Palm Tree chapter 9 . 12/16/2009
Total yay for auditions! Of course, I'm still loving on everyone. Though I think my curiosity has finally pushed me to like Caleb more and more. I'm right with Lucas on Julia's adorability factor and Tyler and Gideon! OUH. Those two! They're so cute in that creepy way that'll just never let Reagan be. The brief incident with the jocks was made me feel a combination of saddness yet strong amusement. It was nice to have a peek into what the rest of the student body thinks at this point. Poor Tabitha, but total yay for Reagan! I'm super-glad she did so well and look forward to seeing what parts everyone ended up getting.

But, aside from your amazing writing with your amazing humor and your amazing characters and all that I've just said a thousand and ten times over, aside from all that, I want to say that you did a really good job taking advantage of choir terms and all that jazz. The whole process was done very realistically and that brings me to only further believe that these are kids and these are happenings I might just somehow find going on in my own high school. That just makes this whole thing endlessly FUN to read and I'd totally buy it if you ever sought to make it commercially available. X3
jessedaro chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
Regan takes a sick day! And yet somehow manages to have the least-creepy encounter yet with Tyler...except, wait, Tyler said Regan reminds her of Gideon. *delicate shudder* I feel fear for Regan's soul at this point.

Um, Blaine got her homework for her? Blaine is interested in Regan. Boys do not go out of their way to (a) give you a ride home, (b) invite you out for pancakes in the middle of the night, (c) come see you with your homework when you're sick unless they are crushing on you. But with her social skills, or lack thereof, Regan doesn't seem to be getting the hint.

I'm excited about auditions! I honestly don't know anything about the play, so I'm going to Google it and be ready for the next chapter - which sadly must wait until tomorrow because, ugh, final exams...

Thanks for making my day a lot happier with this awesome chapter!

xoxo Jesse Daro
jessedaro chapter 6 . 12/16/2009
:It made sense that Courtlyn was friends with him, considering that pretty people tended to flock together in one large beautiful group.: Perfectly-inspired Regan-esque moment for this chapter.

This was such a well-imagined scene in the IHOP. I adore that Courtlyn has to work at IHOP; Regan's whole "she's so perfect I could die" attitude toward Courtlyn doesn't seem to take into account the fact that this girl's life is HARD. I also loved that the twins were "out of synch" in their responses to Lucas. Will there be more tension here? Will Elizabeth have a crush on someone besides Caleb (you know what I mean - innocent twin crush, not creepy incest crush)?

As for Regan's mom, wow. Anti-depressants, anyone? I love that the car ride home with Blaine was so far from romantic it was purely comical - except for when he told her she was hard to live with, while smiling at her. *melts*

Oh, btw, Where the Wild Things Are? Absolute favorite children's book ever. You rock. This story rocks.
Synaptic Imagination chapter 9 . 12/16/2009
Well this was another good chapter, I especially loved this part

"Blaine gave me a pat on the head. Seriously, not the shoulder. The head. What was I, eight?"

so funny, anyway the actual writing in this chapter was good,the detail was done in a well integrated fashion and the flow was not interupted at all by dialouge or anything else.

I'm looking foward t oseeing what mishaps happen during the course of practicing for the show, and what relationships develop between all the characters. You've got a pretty diverse cast so there's plenty of stuff that can happen, I loo kfoward to seeing what you decide to do with everyone.
Synaptic Imagination chapter 8 . 12/16/2009
haha I love Blaine's mean side, it's so funny. I look foward to seeing what everyone's vocal range is and what part they get in the play. The mystery you've got going on with some of these characters is also something that's really fun to read. Anyway I'm on my way to reading teh next chapter and I'm sure it will be just as good as the last 8 :D
Synaptic Imagination chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
Another interesting chapter, you've got me wondering what's up between Caleb and Lucas. I'm also looking foward to seeing how the auditions go, it should be fun to read. I'm also looking foward to seeing how Regan and Tyler continue to intereact with each other, it should be entertaining.
Devil's Playground chapter 9 . 12/16/2009
Have I mentioned lately that you're my hero! Thank you so so so much for updating so fast. I will never understand how you can churn out such amazingness so quickly, but I am damn grateful for it!

You did a great job with the auditions! I'm really clueless when it comes to music/theatre, but you did a great job of explaining it well enough that even someone like me could understand - and the explanations seemed smoothly incorporated, not forced in there, which is excellent. I recognized a couple of the songs, too, because my mom loves Godspell.

And oh my gosh, I was nervous for Regan when she got up there. I was mentally like "PLEASE DO GOOD REGAN. PLEASE." So, yeah, good job getting me all attached to the main character, haha. I felt really involved in the whole thing. I loved when Tabitha ran away and threw up too, heh heh heh.

Oh, dumb jocks. They're always a pleasure. That was amusing, and SO true - I know so many guys who I can imagine acting just like that.

And the lunch scene with Tyler and Gideon was weird and creepy and uncomfortable and yet I find them strangely adorable! I don’t understand it at all. So… awkward… yet… cute!

Poor Caleb, everyone just loves to make fun of him. Of course it just makes me love him even more. Feminine boys are so cute!

And overall… Just. Plain. Awesome. I cannot wait to see who gets cast as who, and again, thank you so much for posting this before I had to leave! You are so freaking amazing.
Luna the wolf dancer chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Hiya, I'm Rayne s. wolf from Louise clearwater's website and one of palm tree's readers. I can really say this is very different than what I usually read, I'm probalay going to read more later on, good job on the almost 100 reviews so far )
TymCon chapter 8 . 12/16/2009
Ive noticed my reviews have gone a tad bit lazy. Definetly best bit was the Grady Twins. Lol i love miss hughes. I've noticed Lucas is quite strange very strange. In all truthfullness yure first half was a tad bit dull. Lunches whit Taylor and Gideon. Sounds nice. Isnt Taylor Bi? Or did i misread summarry? Well anyway im so excited about Auditions next chapter:D
MantraMagazine chapter 9 . 12/16/2009
This was, as always, and enjoyable chapter to read. I've got a really bad cold and all kind of nasty things are going on right now, so this was welcome relief. And I must say Caleb's "I am not amused by your joke." was perfect! I hope you don't mind if I use that now (in real life, not a story, it's hard for me to write really dry characters which would be the only way I would be able to fit that in.) Also, I forgot to mention earlier, that whole lunch with Tyler thing is so strange! Interesting and good for development and intrigue, but I had NO idea where that came from. I figured Tyler would dislike Regan and vice versa. But you always manage tho throw something new into the stew. Thanks for posting!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 9 . 12/16/2009
Man, this is fast. I never expected you to update so soon after I just read the last chapter.

Well, that was a nice audition. I feel sorry for Tabitha, though. And Regan's exchange with the jocks is hilarious. Sexual favors? Ha ha!

I really look forward to the next chapter!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 8 . 12/15/2009
Ha ha! This is a fun and amusing chapter. How's your finals, by the way? I remember you saying you had a history final just a few days ago.

I like how Blaine seems to have an angry side to him. Makes him more real. I can't wait to see the rest of the auditions!
Palm Tree chapter 8 . 12/15/2009
ON THIS LIKE BUTTER.

I was so extremely excited to see your update just pop into my inbox and I jumped. Literally. You never, ever disappoint and this chapter was just so, so wonderful, just like all the others ever.

Courtlyn never fails to be a dear and Lucas! AGH. I'm loving him just more and more. He's such a cutie and poor, little Caleb. XD Masculinity called out in front of them all. I feel for Blaine since it's obvious he's under stress. I have to agree with Reagan, though, it's just too amusing and it's so funny to imagine his face. THEN HER. The small, cute, anti-social one that Lucas is so set on pursuing in friendship. She's everything you said she would be and more. I cracked up at the part where they thought she was a middle school student and she's just as amusing as a POed Blaine. 8D

This chapter's really geared me up for those auditions as well as Reagan's lunches with Tyler and Gideon. I can't help but wonder how the other three non-club girls will do as well as Reagan. Now I'm just spazzily looking forward to seeing everyone show their stuff and so, JAH, update soon! X3
MantraMagazine chapter 6 . 12/15/2009
Oh my gosh, I got the shivers when this happened:

“Someone’s cranky,” Caleb cooed, playing with one of the ears on my hat. “I think it’s sort of precious.”

I have absolutely no idea if they were good shivers or bad shivers or weird shivers, but wow, unexpected. I guess they like her after all.

I love how messy Regan was. Personally I've never been called early in the morning for a meal at IHOP, but it sounds like a neat mixture of fun, tiring, and memorable. You amazed me again with your clever wording. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Devil's Playground chapter 8 . 12/15/2009
YOU. ARE. A TEASE.

But that's alright, I love you anyway. I can forgive you about the audition thing because this chapter was still ridiculously entertaining, and intriguing as well. I loved seeing the new characters, and the new sides of the characters we've already come to know and love.

Grumpy Blaine! Who would've thought? That was certainly interesting to read, and he had some great bitchy lines in there. Poor, stressed out Blaine. He was acting so bratty, and yet it was oddly endearing.

And Lucas' “I will be friends with her. I swear. I swear” made me giggle... in a slightly nervous way, because it was a little creepy. But I still adore him. His attempts to befriend the little one were so cute - and her response (or lack thereof) was intriguing. I can't wait to see more of her! Seriously, the cast for this story is just jfigkkdawesome. How do you manage to make so many epic characters?

The twins are still my favorite. They were so cute, holding hands and circling around the auditorium. I love their energy and that creepy, mischievous edge even when they’re acting innocent.

Also, Blaine-Lucas bromance is incredibly cute. I am a huge fan of bromance, and yeah, supersuperadorable!

I am SO excited for the chapter – auditions, and probably super awkward lunch with Tyler and Gideon, yay! I can’t wait. Hopefully there’ll be an update before I leave on Saturday for ten days…? If not, I’m definitely going to hunt down a computer. I WILL DO IT. Because I adore this story.
266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »