Reviews for Regan Saves the Drama Club!
Synaptic Imagination chapter 13 . 3/3/2010
Another fine chapter of this awesome story :)

I'm really interested in the relationship between Caleb and Lucas, I keep just going "WTF happened there?"

I'm also kinda confused as to what Courtlyn's problem is, I mean there's plenty of material as to why she could be unhappy with Regan. I wonder how Regan will handle this, along with Courtlyn's crush on her brother.

Julia is still a mystery/bitch so I look forward to reading more about her and what her issues are.

For the record, Lucas is pretty creepy in his right.

Well on to the next chapter, keep up the good work :)
Synaptic Imagination chapter 12 . 3/3/2010
Another awesome chapter if I say so myself.

Sorry for not reading for so long but school really picked up quick _
Brenda Agaro chapter 12 . 3/1/2010
I really like you characterize Devon. You managed to show his personality without info dumping, which is impressive. The interaction between him and Regan felt realistic. The parts with Courtlyn being in Regan's house, and where Regan talks to Mr. Whit were humorous.

"I couldn't help but feel like Courtlyn was mad at me." - I noticed that this line ends the scene, and then in the next scene, Regan says this Mr. Whit. Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if the repetition's intended.
Mintiee chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
This was a really cute and funny first chapter. Regan is an awesome character, she's different and has a good voice which comes across really well straight away. i love the interaction between her and the school councilor, it was good fun to read :) Awesome work!

-M.
Anonymous Soul chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Lol, Regan is hilarious! I love the mood your first chapter exudes, I fill like I can feel the essence of Regan's personality jumping out of the pages at me. Congrats on creating an original character, she's quite quirky! The first chapter was a very easy, humorous read. It seems like you've got Regan's character down, and know exactly how to convey that through words. I'll be back to read more later, but I definitely found this chapter to be pleasantly applealing in both originality and entertainment!

-From the Roadhouse
Devil's Playground chapter 14 . 2/24/2010
I MISSED THIS STORY SO MUCH. But I really can't complain because I've been MIA for a while now myself, so. Yeah. I understand.

Anyway, I was so excited to see an update for this and this chapter did not disappoint. I've been so so curious about what's going on with Courtlyn and the twins, so I was glad to have some insight into those problems, even though they are far from resolved.

And I love how the twins continue to be awesome even when they have some angst going on. A lot of authors who write dramatic moments tend to make their characters drop their personalities and collapse into melodramatic angst when discussing something like this, but you are definitely not doing that and it's awesome. They still have the snark and the sharp comments that I love so much, and yeah, altogether it feels so real - not forced at all. And yeah I just really love the twins, and I feel bad for them!

Also, I think the part at the end was totally perfect, with Regan starting to identify with the twins. It seems like it’s unusual for Regan to connect with people much at all, and I doubt the twins have been understood by many people, so yeah! Character development for them both, and it’s really believable given the events leading up to this point.

And basically… I love this. And your writing in general. And I can’t wait to see more!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 14 . 2/23/2010
Poor Devon. I love sibling relationships, and I like the way you're showing Regan and Devon's. As well as the twins - it's quite nice to mirror the two main family situations here, and I like the way you explained the situation with the twins.
MantraMagazine chapter 14 . 2/22/2010
Insight! I didn't think this chapter was too short, it was a good length. I hadn't really expected that with the twins. I mean, it's obvious they're a little odd, but it's even stranger to see the parents in the situation they're in. I almost expected you to make their parents these 50's inspired "Leave it to Beaver" types. Now, I'm pretty sure it's abundantly clear to everyone, but did Caleb's dad give him the black eye? Because that would be really shitty of him, the dad.

I'm very glad you posted this chapter. Knowing more about the twins has made them kind of sweeter... something which I'm sure will be disproved in later chapters.

Oh, and I had no idea Courtlyn has a thing for Blaine. That came out of left field.
TymCon chapter 14 . 2/22/2010
"I turned around and saw Courtlyn, who looked like something between frantic and completely ashamed.", that sounds a tad bit awkward. Its like she litterally looks LIKE something between frantic and e.t.c. I dunno if thats right or wrong, since i was kinda staring at it for a good few seconds and i could'nt decide. You could say who looked somewhere? Just my opinionXD

"Quickly", this is'nt criticism but -ly words ar'nt that great. Like their okay once or twice per chapter, but they kindave describe something without actually describing it you know?

Very nice bit of info on twins. And Regans brother:O Thats annoying for him. Lol, it kinda reminded me of cheryl cole from girls aloud. Although she is better on own.

Ps: don't pay back.
kamburger chapter 4 . 2/20/2010
I thought it was cute - in a weird kind of way - how the twins filled Regan's locker with milk, and how they send the same text messages. It's like they share a brain or something.

Regan seems to be making friends, which is good to see. She still dislikes Tyler though (with reason, I suppose). I wonder if she will change her opinion at all by the end? I still don't know whether Tyler is more than she seems.

I like this line:

"I was pretty sure that fireworks started going off and babies began singing in an angelic choir as Blaine and I exchanged numbers. Absolutely wonderful."

Haha, so cute x3
kamburger chapter 3 . 2/20/2010
I like the details about the creepy twins, like the head-tilt thing.

"Theatre people could be so bitchy."

Love it! xD

And now we see Regan's mom. She reminds me of a scene in She's The Man, with Viola's mom, with the whole "you’d think that women with such urges would be better at hiding their deviance from the public" thing O.o
Kobra Kid chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
Aw, I love this story! :D. It's so cute. Regan reminds me of my step-sister, Andrea. She's quiet around others, but has secret desires, like falling in love & stuff like that. Anywayss...um, I don't see anything wrong at all! Everything is great, the dialogue, the insanely creepy twins, Blaine
kamburger chapter 2 . 2/16/2010
Tyler unnerves me, to be honest. She sounds like she's not quite right in the head.

Anyway, I love all the jokes in this chapter - there were so many that I can't really pick a favourite. And I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of show the drama club is going to make.
zombie chickens chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Hmm, this is a great first chapter, Regan is a really well done character and I love your sense of humor. It really is a joy to read. That said the only piece of advice that I can offer you is one this section:

'Besides being a relatively well-adjusted child in a family that has gone through divorce, you have dealt with moving six times in addition to a diagnosed anxiety disorder.' -On the one hand, it's an interesting way to reveal a character's back story, but the way you do it here seems too forward almost. Too forced. I don't think that it's the sort of thing that would come up in a normal conversation between people, I just thing you could have done it more gradually.

Throwing in the teacher get escorted out by the police was really awesome, totally unexpected in a good way.

“Irony, so much irony!” Mr. Whit groaned, ' -Mr. Whit is growing on me.

All in all wonderful chapter, humor means a lot to me in stories and when I see it done well it makes me really happy. So good job.
kamburger chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Hi, thanks for reviewing my story! I'm deciding to review this one in return, since the title grabbed me the most :P

The story has a pretty solid opening. Right away I'm curious as to why the narrator visits the guidance counselor so much.

I was a little thrown off by the diction Regan used (e.g. "acidic tone" and "fragile mental state"), because it doesn't seem like the typical language a high schooler would use - then again, Regan doesn't seem like a typical high school student. I really like her character, though. She's hilarious, spunky, and cute.

The weird thing is how I can imagine this whole situation happening back in my middle school from several years ago - right down to the pedophile Drama teacher (seriously, my grade

seven Drama teacher was a kiddie fiddler. Probably still is, actually). I can also relate to Regan, though I have friends now and my grades suck :P

Overall it was enjoyable to read, I'm definitely going to keep reading.
266 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »