Reviews for Regan Saves the Drama Club!
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 8 . 1/2/2010
Ee, this chapter is great!

I'm too excited to get onto the next one to leave a proper review...

...byee!

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 7 . 1/2/2010
When will Regan begin to appreciate the fact that these people actually want to be her friends! /end rant/

Wow, there's a Mystery Brother figure here too? No wonder Regan is so screwed up...

OK, can't think of anything else to say at this moment in time... -_-:;

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 6 . 1/2/2010
Hehe, Regan's crush on Blaine is super-duper-y cute! She really does sound like the kind of girl who would write down every little interaction that occured between them, hehe. Loved this line: “This verbal abuse is not helping our friendship, Blaine.” and loved the car keys scene; that was just so random and bizarre...but nowhere near as strange as the whole restaurant bit! The more I find out about Regan's family, the more I empathise with her character, especially as it seems like both her and her mom are living in two different worlds.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 5 . 1/2/2010
Wow, I didn't expect Tyler to be so...lonely. The seriousness there was a nice touch, and I adored the continuation of the jokes from the previous chapters! The twins keep on getting stranger, and I am so looking forward to finding out more about them...eek, this review sucked... -_-:;

Dreamers-Requiem chapter 4 . 1/1/2010
Ah Regan, slowly adjusting.

I love the Drama Club characters, especially the twins. They're so creepy! Great dialogue between the characters, especially when they were discussing which performance to put on. I think the characters are one of the strongest things of this; they're all quite different and unique, and again it's great how there are small details with each of them. It makes them that bit more realistic.
xXhootsXx chapter 2 . 12/31/2009
All right, now that I (hopefully) did the 200th review, I can slow down and just say: THIS IS AMAZING! (: All right...I think I am done.

I finally caught up...and now I am going to reread...
xXhootsXx chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I am the 200th reviewer (I hope!) Anyways, amazing humor! YOU MAKE ME CRACK UP!

Amazing job!

I look forward to the next chapter!
taerkitty chapter 7 . 12/31/2009
I'm number 199, so I'll let someone else do the honours. Congrats on hitting 200 (which I'm sure will happen before the ball drops in NYC.)

BTW, I know I've been sort of negative in the past few reviews, but I'm telling you what I feel as I read them. This is the sort of review I want - to see what the reader is feeling each major chunk. A summary at the end is great, but it's not the same. I want to see where the story is weak, at each point, and why.

Anyhow, what I'm saying is, if this isn't what you want, please say so and I'll do what I can to make my reviews more helpful to you.

Okay, that blathering aside, on with Chapter 7.

Good opening. Continues the scene, but also starts the countdown clock. Her bringing the food seems like a logical place to join them. By this time, the 'compelling question' isn't really required - we've invested enough in the characters to read on simply to see what happens to them.

One concern, though, is that the Drama Club is no longer in danger. I'm sure there are other things planned, but right now, and for the last three or four chapters, we don't need to worry about the Drama Club. That's fine, but there isn't another overriding concern to follow.

I think that's why some of the past two chapters feel like filler.

I see a simple reason why Caleb doesn't like Lucas - jealousy. It's not like he's intimate with his sister, but when Lucas is around, her attention is split, and he's not used to that. The reason I mention this is because I feel it to be logical, easy to grasp, and easy to arrive at. That means there should be some reason Regan has not considered this, or has considered and dismissed this.

"This isn't _Glee_." Love that line. Then again, I watched the first few episodes until Real Life took over. However, this may go over the heads of other readers.

"Danny being physically harassed..." I don't know the reference - was it part of the shared pre-history at the school, or was it part of Glee.

Yes, the backstage drama of not being part of the on-stage drama. Nice touch of reality, but not one to drag the tone back down.

Driving the twins home... The horror. Come to think of it, why doesn't she have any sort of fear or dread?

"I had the distinct feeling..." Hm, it's there, just later. I'm not sure I agree - the twins made a strong impression on me, and that's by way of Regan's thoughts. I would have expected her first to dread, then to question how they got there.

The ride home lives down to its promise. Cringe. I really feel sorry for Regan.

And feel sorry for Courtlyn, too.

"Can't stand boys taller than him." I seem to think he was pretty short. I wonder if his height, especially relative to Blaine, could be reinforced, because I don't remember, and this seems a key nuance to the character.

Duh. It's right there. Sorry.

"They liked to see people squirm." What took you so long, Regan?

"Twincest." LOL!

Okay, it's filler, but it is funny filler, and it does feel like there's some movement.

Now, after the break.

Given Regan's attitude with Mr. Whit, I'd half-expect her to reply after being reprimanded for her language to say, "You have no idea how fucked up I feel."

"Don't fall asleep on my desk." Okay, I see Mr. Whit is a crappy counselor because he's to honest. I like that.

"A light push." Again, in real-life, Mr. Whit touching a student is rife with risk. Here, it's okay, but distracting.

"You remind me of Gideon." Oh, that's very Not Good.

Hm. Tyler's human after all. Strange.

MILF... from her own daughter. Ouch. Most teens are squicked out by the thought of their parents coupling, so this strikes me as out-of-character, but I may be wrong.

"I have to remind myself to honestly give a **" Love the line.

Okay, the 'sick at home' part is filler. It doesn't add a lot to the plot, and feels 'flabby.' The ending line is so-so. I don't like heavy foreshadowing, but at least she didn't try to accentuate it with something like, "Turns out I didn't know the half of it." That's giving a flash forward, which I feel would be breaking character. Here, she didn't, and only expressed a prediction based on her experiences. It's in-character, but still feels odd.

Anyhow, congrats to whomever goes after me and gives you #200!
taerkitty chapter 6 . 12/31/2009
The Tyler / Blaine interaction is interesting. It's actually understated for this sort of story.

"God, your so fitful!" Unsure what is meant by this.

"Whatever the [bleep] it's called." I'm not sure this works - I don't imagine here as quite so foul mouthed.

Oh, she gets a chance to take a ride with Blaine - interesting!

Unsure why the aborted scavenger hunt is in there.

Agoraphobia? What?

We got her home, and there were some sparks with Blaine, but they're the seemingly ordinary sort. Unsure of this.

Uh, the twins calling at 1:30? Oh, this is going to get interesting.

Blowing them off is not a good idea, Regan.

Love _Where the Wild Things Are_ reference!

Mom's gone... Checked out. Lights on and all that. Interesting.

Only twenty minutes away. Does this mean the twins know where she lives? (I wouldn't be surprised, but that may be something she considers as well, just for the freaky-value.)

Okay, it's the 2AM Drama Club meeting. That's strange (but sort of normal for this story...)

Oh, Courtlyn works here. Okay, that makes sense. (I mean, in real-life, there'd be laws that keep her from keeping crazy hours, but this isn't applicable here. Works for me!)

I don't get why the twins think Regan's a robot. It could be because we see more of her than they do, and we're privy to her fits and flights of fancy. Unsure.

"Normal, snarky Regan..." I don't think she sees herself like that. I mean, she can be, especially with Tyler (and at first with Courtlyn) but she sees herself more as the put-upon I'm-trying-so-hard-but... sort.

Wow. Courtlyn seems to have undergone a character conception rehab at some point. When we met her, she was the anti-Regan. They dressed alike, but she was beautiful, and, as Regan saw her, very self-centered. Now, she's super-nice and attentive. Odd. Not out-of-keeping for this sort of high school comedrama, but ... odd, nevertheless.

Tyler. At 2AM. Oh, that's going to be fun!

It sounds like there are quite a few boys who can melt Regan's ability to talk coherently. Here we meet Lucas (hey, you promised a new character.)

And the twins didn't try to freak him out? Odder and odder.

"Accosted into auditioning." Love the turn of the phrase.

"Bromatic?" I guess so...

Last line is okay. It's sort of a 'fisheye' closing. I'd suggest she also mention Lucas. I mean, she likes Blaine, really, really likes him, but not so much it gives her immunity from Lucas' charms. Thus, if she finds Lucas so striking, she should give him at least a nod as we fade out.

Okay, section is much better. I think it's because I like the over-the-top comedy more than the "pay attention, this is plot" stuff. That tone shift doesn't help my enjoyment for this story. I'm not saying this is the Absolute Truth, just one kitty's thoughts.

Looking forward to time to read more, but family's dragging me off to clean up for the New Year's Eve party!
The Tragedian chapter 6 . 12/31/2009
New character! Let's see where this takes us.
The Tragedian chapter 5 . 12/31/2009
Personally, i think you should go back and fix the typos if you know there are some. If the writer doesn't bother with handing out their best work, then the reader won't bother reading it. Just my 2 cents.
taerkitty chapter 5 . 12/31/2009
I'm going to be blunt here. "Please pardon the typos" doesn't cut it for me. We can always re-edit the piece. I feel typos, while an inevitability, cannot be excused with a simple disclaimer. They show carelessness if the author is unaware of them, but disrespect for the reader if the author is aware they exist, but can't be bothered to fix them.

Okay, stepping off the soapbox...

What, Tyler didn't send her toadie for her lunch?

Oh, my! Tyler's hand is indeed Roman.

Interesting - so they're not together. The first section (to the line) is rambling and feels aimless. I'm not saying that it is. It just feels that way, which decreases the confidence in the story.

I say this because, while the the segment is easy to read, it doesn't actually say anything. I don't feel it develops the story.

Okay, onward.

The twins doing Beat It. Oh, how I wish I could see it!

"Oh, we know everything." I'm not surprised. I can see how it's freaky, though. Nicely done.

"You're so flat-chested and she's not." Ouch! But it gives her a springboard against which to show some reaction, and more of herself. Nice.

"Skanky cheerleading squad." Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that...

Okay, interesting question - why the personality change? And how does it affect Regan?

Good last line. It fits the overblown nature of the story.

Chapter is okay. First part is weak. Second part is okay. It's not as strong as the previous chapters, though.
The Tragedian chapter 4 . 12/31/2009
Cartons of milk in her locker?

Seriously, what is going on in their heads?
The Tragedian chapter 3 . 12/31/2009
THE TWINS, OH, THE TWINS! *runs away*

I really love your characterization. Each character has that one quality that make them different. I like that.

FH
The Tragedian chapter 2 . 12/31/2009
Tyler SCARES me. She's freaky.

Blaine, if he fell down at my feet to worship, I wouldn't mind. Hehe.

FH