Reviews for This is the Way the World Ends
James chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I agree and disagree.

America has always been this.

From the moment we stumbled off the Mayflower, we hated. Their red skins and odd ways. Their superior knowledge of the land and the ways of the animals. We didn't share, we didn't learn.

We hated them.

When others came and told us what to do, we hated them. We cried foul when they attempted to tax us...just as they always said they would. We claimed this land was our land, when it wasn't, it was theirs. And then push came to kill...we hated them even more.

We hated the black man, how dare he help us grow crop and food and think he was a human. But it was ok, cause God hated him too so that made it alright. We hated the immigrants that came and took the jobs we didn't want or think of from us. Immigrants being ironic here, since this land wasn't our land or the land of the ones before. We had already cleared whose land this was out...and still hate them in the meantime.

Jews, Italians, Pollacks, all of them, hated.

How dare they work hard, earn less and build the foundation of what would come. But it was ok, because those people would hate the yellow man as he moved out west and worked herder and earned even less...and was then hated for it.

Of course women were hated...but only when they got off their backs. Who said they could talk? Own things? Vote? Have an opinion? You have to hate them then...even if you were going to want to love them later.

America has never been about love. Not once. We have never, in our entire existence once looked at something new and said "That's ok."

So many things to hate, so little time to take away their rights...I mean don't even get my started on the fags.

But THIS is how America ends.

With people like you standing up and saying...ok enough. We killed the red man, slaughtered the British man, enslaved the black man, disenpowered the woman and are now trying to make the gay man less than he is...but enough.

This is how America eds...with one person standing up and saying I'm done. And stopping the hate. And the person next to you...probably hating you for making them look bad. but it is a start. Because the girl two rows down...she saw you. And she tells her friend over in the next isle...and she stops too. And sooner or later...there are enough people yelling at enough people to make it slow...not stop...but slow...and things change.

One love at a time.

This is how America ends...and that is a good thing.
enviousxbeauty chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
This is beautiful because it is so true. I can't stand prejudice and this is a wonderful message. Write on!
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
*Hugs you tightly*

Powerful and devastating.
Noninone chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Am I crazy, or you changed your name? LOl

I hate when people are so damn ignorant.

YohKo B.
Sarah1983 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Wow, it is painful to see hatred and ignorance in the world today, but it does happen. If we can only see that we are all human and in need of love...but we never will in this life. Great job.