Reviews for The Inn on Ravenna Road
x tennisplayer x33 chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
woah! this sounds amazing :) i can't wait for more!
turnip-head chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Yey! Yey yey yey! Lets just start with the sheer happiness at you writing a new story. Looks like my borderline obsession with your writing is about to become full-frontal! And i LOVE that this one is clearly going to be a hell of a lot darker, my absolute favourite (this comment makes me seem a psycho somewhat, i know)

The atmosphere of this first chapter really gets under your skin; its not just darker its beautifully sad - Callie's description of the attack is so grim but you can hear the desperate fight in her voice as well as her actions. I can tell she's not going to take shit from anyone, and that the guy that deserves her is gonna have to be pretty fucking fantastic (yey for the anticipation!). Oh and love/hate.. only the best kind around! Im sure you'll do it wonderfully, and make me swoon all over again...

So thankyou (once again) for making my day - its my birthday tomorrow and this was a lovely way to take my mind off becoming scarily old! Oh and i live really close to where Keira Knightly stood on that cliff in P&P and it truly is as breathtaking as it looks - its my fav place in the world, especially to drive out to and be moody (so maybe i will bump into R&C... Yey!)

Seriously cant wait for this story to unfold.. hope youre prepared for lots of awe-filled reviews!

S x

P.S. Im keeping my fingers crossed that one of the Amherst cameo's is the seafront bar from HB (my favourite scene of the whole story - i can almost smell the sea air and sexual chemistry over here!)
Memory Chase chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
OMG great first chapter... you have a way of capturing my attention, and make me never wanna quit reading! LOL I am a sucker for a good thriller/mystery/romance...er whatever...lol basically I'll read anything as long as its good, and believe me you got that all hemmed up! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Joshikousei chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
setting up the stage for some amazing storytelling, aren't you? :-) can't wait for this new story to develop!
dreamercrys chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Sounds interesting. Can't wait for more! :D
Mai-lee T chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Sounds good good good :D

Can't wait till the next chapter :]
chng234 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
an interesting chapter. pls update soon
blurrylights chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Hmph...scary so far, and quite sad. But melikey!

Callie is a really nice main character, and the brooding police man is naturally ALWAYS a favorite. :P I can't to see where this goes!

UPDATE SOON!
AmyRose1978 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Fab first chapter. I love how you've written Callie, it's clear from the outset that she is a strong person, and considering what she lived through you'd have to be strong. Yet you can also see that she is vulnerable, that, despite her unwillingness to be intimidated by threats from the guy who murdered her friend and tried to kill her too, Callie won't let him know just how scared she is.

Am looking forward to seeing the story develop, to learning more about Alec, and of course Callie.
mk985 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Oh I am digging this new dark undertone that you have going on! I especially liked how you described the attack on Lucy and Callie (although for some reason at first I thought that Callie had a complete girl crush or swung the other way when she described Lucy :P). Aside from all those awesome yet creepy metaphors ("And in my mind it dripped over my consciousness like the slick icing of a cake, oozing slowly down over layer upon layer of horror"), I think the detached manner in which you wrote it gave the scene the perfect atmosphere. It all felt more like a memory that has been faded and warped over time; where you only remember bits and pieces of your emotions and actions. It was almost like you were describing it from the 3rd person, and considering the brutality of the situation, I'd totally believe that Callie went into a dissociative state at the time. I was able to identify/feel the fear during, and the sorrow and re-victimisation she felt after the attack.

Hm (busting out the pondering tone!)... I'm left wondering if Humboldt is truly guilty or just a fall guy if he insists that he is innocent? Will there be any repercussions for Callie from PTSD that we may not have seen yet? Other than that I am really curious to see which characters are coming back from HB! (Chuck? Sean and Syd? Please do tell!). BTW I totally giggled when Alec said he was thorough... you know me, waiting for that dirty sexxy time. :P

While I adore your love/love/oneofyouisamoron stories, I'm interested to see your take on the love/hate/(oneofyouisamoron - I'm sure that'll feature because how could it be a Katie story if it's not there?) relationship. Just keep the creepiness/darkness going. :)

My eagle eyes only noticed one omission: "Several others that had [BEEN] brought down by the same informant"
VampireAcademyDB chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
lovee the plot! Update Soon! please! & if you update frequently i promise to review each chapter! :D
andee lee chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Wow! Totally different than usual, but awesome as always. :-) I love the description in this chapter of what happened to Lucy and Callie... it was too real and too scary. That guy must have been seriously psycho. It really stands out to me, after reading the whole chapter. And I have a thing for your opening, where she's in the police station and she hears all of the noises... it just really puts me right there (and makes me jealous of how good you are).

This line gave me goosebumps: "The sun was out and the sky was blue and grass was starting to grow again after the cold winter and people were going to work and being ordinary and my best friend was dead." It's amazing and it's so damn...I don't know. Not depressing, but you can feel the sorrow and the hurt that Callie feels. Everything goes on and her best friend is dead. It's just... the way it HITS you at the end of the sentence. Damn.

ALEC. I just can't get over the hot cop thing, lmao. The black uniform, the steely eyes, the piercing gaze, the GUN. That's what I'm talkin about baby! Cuff me and take me in, Officer Delaney. I'm guilty. If love is a crime, punish me! HA. *Begin terrible cop jokes that won't end til the story is over*

So we have a murder, mob ties, a hot cop, a not-so-victimish-anymore victim, a trial, crazy people trying to keep her from testifying... damn. This is going to be great, I already know. (Obviously. Everything you write is great.) I'm so excited to really get into the meat of the story. (MEAT!)

Also, I really like Callie already. She's a strong character but it's not fake... like she had to work to get to the point of not being scared anymore. I feel like she's gonna be one tough cookie and I LOVE THAT. I especially appreciate the fact that she's not sitting around twiddling her thumbs all scared and shiz - she's just trying to live her life without having to live in fear of what this psycho can do to her. She's BRAVE and she's not helpless.

MORE PLEASE.
CoralKay chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Please update again ASAP! I love the first chapter. Very interesting!
403 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27