Reviews for The Inn on Ravenna Road
thenifoundfivedollars chapter 18 . 12/4/2011
After recently rereading this, it is still one of my favorites of all time.

Your characters are real and mature, strong but flawed. I love your writing style and the way you developed the story, and the leading man is just *too* irresistible. Amazing job. I absolutely adore this story.
Lauranthalsala chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Im getting this vague feeling of deja vu as i read this. i hope i haven't, it'd ruin the story if i remember what happens halfway through. and i'm enjoying it thusfar :)
lizz190 chapter 18 . 9/13/2011
Wow I loved this story! Just found it and was sad when it was over. Don't know what else to say other than it's one of my faves!
LocalYokel chapter 18 . 7/24/2011
that was incredibly cheesy but so adorable :)

i heart alec and callie!

really really enjoyed this story! you're brilliant! [applauds]
LocalYokel chapter 15 . 7/24/2011
oohhhmmyyyygooodddddd [mind explodes]
LocalYokel chapter 14 . 7/24/2011
FINALLY SOME SEXYTIME! [drools]
LocalYokel chapter 13 . 7/24/2011
ahh, chuck! i always saw him as a more clued in Alan from the Hangover.

also... sexay dancing times with Alec? i like. :D
LocalYokel chapter 12 . 7/24/2011
KARATE KID REFERENCE! i love this story even more now.

i literally just watched that movie for the 50 millionth time just today. i 3 daniel san.

i also REALLY love Alec san... with all his muscles and tight t-shirts haha
LocalYokel chapter 8 . 7/24/2011
i seriously love ben! he's so adorable and hilarious... and not too overly flamboyant so he's not a complete stereotype.

you really know how to write a good supporting character :)
LocalYokel chapter 4 . 7/24/2011
sydneeeyy! i've read that story before! i had no idea you were the one who wrote it though. i knew she sounded familiar!
LocalYokel chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
FINALLY! a well written story! lord, i've been looking for a good story for DAYS. i have high hopes for this one :)
jaliwo chapter 18 . 7/13/2011
I don't know why I never left a review on this story, because it is one of my favorites on FP, and I've recommended it to others. It's been some time since I've read this so I can't really go into details, but it is just so realistic and I like the underlying mystery that brought Callie and Alec together. I love how they fight yet love each other underneath it all, and the chemistry between them is incredible. Their first time together is one of the best scenes I've ever read, mainly because they both admit how awkward they're feeling much as they want to just jump into bed with each other. You didn't make it some kind of Harlequin romance novel description of bliss and cheesiness, which I really appreciated. And I liked that they started out getting to know each other before admitting their attraction. I could probably go on and on about this story, but I'll stop here. I'm really glad to see you're working on new stories and I'll be sure to read them.
The Imagination Addict chapter 18 . 7/11/2011
Hey! I've enjoyed this story. Umm some feedback, in case you ever want to rework or edit this!

I find that your style of writing it entirely as a recount (sentences like "on hindsight, i...") kinda makes it more detached. Even though it's in first person. I think the looking-back somehow makes it a little less emotional. Also, it sometimes ruins the whole element of suspense and surprise. Like the part where she gets the letter in her mailbox. She narrates something like "I would later realise I should not have touched the letter" which destroys makes me ANTICIPATE the reason she shouldn't so that when he talks about how only her fingerprints are on it now, I'm not surprised.

On the other hand, the exact same looking-back style is great in the epilogue. It lets me look simultaneously at the present as well as her wedding. There are too many epilogues that depict the wedding or post-wedding/ family life. Yours is great cos it has both, which satisfies the reader's need for sappiness AND sets itself apart from other stories.

Apart from that, you've written your chapters really well, ending in appropriate places. There are quite a few chapters that end with cliffhangers. So if you don't use the looking-back-on-things effect so much for the story, I think it'd be even more suspenseful. :) Good job on this story!
Hohoho chapter 18 . 6/21/2011
I cannot believe whyyyyy THERE AREN'T MORE REVIEWS ARGHHH. the story was unbelievably sexy and just... Whoosh knocked the breath outta me. Good job! :D
lizlively chapter 18 . 6/2/2011
what a wonderful story! i am so glad to have had the pleasure of reading it...you are a great writer, your characters are so believable and lovable...i look forward to reading more of your stuff :)
403 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »