Reviews for Flying
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I really liked the second stanza because I thought the imagery was the strongest there. I also enjoyed how the poem ended because it incorporated parts from the second stanza that I liked, to create a good ending that left a strong impression.

Review courtesy of The Review Game’s Review Marathon. For more info, visit the link on my profile.
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
I love the metaphor you used here. It created a creepy, but weirdly good feeling all at the same time. The imagery of the mirror? was beautiful, and again, you've threaded good emotions with bad perfectly.

I really can't find anything bad to say about this, except, and it's not that big, the capitalization threw me a little. I think it would look better in bold, but that's just me. :)
vitriolicvermilion chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
The imagery and descriptive words are definitely some of the stronger points in this piece. Your adjectives are very powerful, each one seems to be carefully chosen and with good reason!

The subject/premise of the poem is an interesting thought, and I like how you presented it. While not completely groundbreaking, it was certainly a new way of looking at it, and it's not like it's overdone or anything. You approached it in a different manner is what I suppose I'm trying to say. I also love how it's somewhat obtuse, but somewhat straightforward, depending on how one chooses to read it.

For word choice, I still am leery of the stanza where you used 'SPLAT'. I'm not sure whether I dislike it because it is harsh and messy in an otherwise polished piece, or whether it lends an air of realism to a slightly surrealistic poem.

The rhythm was fine, nothing stood out negatively to me. The last two stanzas especially flowed in a decidedly normal manner.