Reviews for writing again
sara chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
david! fictionpress (ugh!) doesn't send links unless you put spaces in them. so all i got was a blank space where your email address was supposed to be :[

my email is

sara_wright36 hotmail

would you contact me first?

also i am not logged in so you can delete this 'review' if you'd like. idc
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
david!

this is wonderful-you writing again.

how i've missed your words!

i think almost every writer understands that feeling of putting pen to paper and feeling nothing, learning nothing, growing in no real way, and hardly expressing anything worthwhile to even at least reflect past feelings, learnings, and growths. i know I am so busy with college work that sometimes i'll want to write and feel like that's a whole other past life of mine that i no longer relate to. you get out of practice. sometimes people care about it (as an art form, as a powerful tool for social change, whatever) enough to put themselves back into practice. usually a few pieces like this here of yours are most definitely a requirement in said process!

the burdern of modern knowledge really does hurt. your insides claw at your brain and your stomach and your muscles and you feel dead tired in the process. i do at least. but i love the goal when i see the goal in terms of more conquerable persuits. because knowledge, when used as a tool not an enemy, makes my life far more rich.

drugs can be overwhelming if they aren't controlled and also used as tools, it's all that same quest for experience and understanding, when it comes down to it, i guess.

i totally understand your atheism dellima. the more i learn, the more connections i see between evreything...it seems life and understanding function off patterns and webs and nets, and it seems reasonable to think things are (w)holly natural, and if that's only the first step...

anyway david. you mean (and have long meant) the world to me. i'd love to keep hearing your imput, but of course understand if you don't feel like now's the right time. but i hope it is. writing is a good way to say (and learn to say) things.

your friend,

sara
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
i'd love to hear you write again.:)