Reviews for Pocket Philosophy
Inkspilled chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I like this. I like how every sentence has so much more meaning than at first. I really like the way you describe the littlest things without seemingly so much as a thought, it comes so naturally ex. "your intangible world". The way you write, the words you choose are very poetically fitting, like " so here we forcefully liberate ourselves from each other"; liberate, wow.

It's sad and clearly written, everything put into perspective. Your writing is very original and strong. :)
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Your writing is phenomenal. Keep up the awesome work. :)
Amandriella Peetrifica chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Wow. The first line is wonderful! I love it, the picture it inspires.. So poetic, artistic and mind-blowing, in a way.

The first stanza’s saddening. It reminds me of Grease, too... It causes me to wonder- what happened in the relationship (or lack thereof) that means you need to move on from your pillow of rested past memory. (I can’t tell/decide if that last line is meant to be a good or bad thing-perhaps because it was both...?)

The second stanza’s powerful... a shield of mystery to their soul... hiding their inner strength for two... (or perhaps that’s the reflection from you?). Hurrm.. Immorality, and an devastating intangible world? You paint quite a confliction.

I love the third stanza. It sounds like something from a romance story. ] Like Romeo and Juliet with the concealment.

Not fully liberated from one another if you’re in their pocket, hmm? p The rest- quite a selfless act and a caring of goodness for the other that’s quite beautiful.

Over-all: This is quite beautiful, with a wonderful choice of wording and description. I like it very much. You have a brilliant mind. And the overall message is great, in a bittersweet way that lingers between positives and negatives… Lol.
ayebuzz chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
this is very lovely.

and really exact.

i love how detailed you get.

how close into context you really get

:D

i look forward to more soon
setne chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
First of all, many thanks for the review. I do in fact remember you from a long time past, so I'll thank you for those reviews as well.

From what I can remember, you've definitely grown. This poem was wonderful, to read and experience. The wording was excellent and the images were well-crafted. I especially loved: "And has to end is evidently devastating every inch of your intangible world".

All in all, great work.
Isca chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
"The knowledge that we cannot experience the peak of summer's warmth together." How tragic and heart-breaking.

"I'll have to pretend that I've moved on from your tenderness." Oh wow. This line is so emotionally raw.

"The roaming souls." Beautiful!
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
I like this, it's very descriptive, like the narrator wants to make herself clear beyond a shadow of a doubt. You also use some beautiful phrases which made reading this quite pleasurable. It was bittersweet, and I dig it.

Peace, Daze
Anna Christie chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
"And as I remove the tinted glasses from your precious face

So that I can emotionally undress you through clear eye contact,

I can view you attempting to be strong for the both of us,"

Beautiful.

"So here we forcefully liberate ourselves from each other as I slip into your pocket

The glasses and one final memo that says "If there's ever a day when being selfish

Becomes acceptable and you're dancing alone in complete darkness, I hope you

Resist pushing me away if I took you in my arms to show where the afterglow dwells""

Also beautiful.

Of course, the whole poem was beautiful, for lack of a better word. I loved it. And your structure is very good. Easy to read, easy to follow along. Great piece!

My favorite line is:

"However, the thought that our relationship is soaked with immorality

And has to end is evidently devastating every inch of your intangible world"

HEART that. :) Keep writing! And thanks for reviewing my most current song! Hugs!
Little Miss Cullen Cutie chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Very well written! Is this based on anything? Nice work!

Little Miss Cullen Cutie
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Personally, I think it has to many words for a poem. It's 1/2 poem and 1/2 ballad. It's very descriptive but it tells a story that doesn't go anywhere. I'm just telling you what I think.