Reviews for At Wendy's
lookingwest chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Nice. I like this because it wasn't what I expected from your summary, I was taking aback with the metaphor of "wipes the counter clean of him" so I also like it because of your use of literary device. And as with the McDonald's poem, there's a sense of renewal again associated with an uncommon place. Finding love...I like how you use that in present, as if it's still being search for, instead of "Found love..." because I think that's what makes the "she wipes..." so surprising.

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
in theory chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Hehe this is cute, although it does conjure the image of an obese fast food worker falling in love with a chip/aka french fry. I liked the connotation that love is greasy, messy and needs to be wiped up though. And we no longer have Wendy's here :(

Jack
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Can definately picture a Wendy's through those words. Good haiku. MD:77.
mynameisMel chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
wow, I liked that. and my friend works at wendy's. it reminded me of her. haha.
Isca chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
"She wipes the counter clean of him." I know that the previous line suggests that the speaker 'finds love,' but I think I like this line the best because it can also suggest that the speaker is 'wiping away' all thoughts of this 'french fry' love.
nickyO chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Believe it or not, I like the flow of this.
Whisper on the Lips chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
it's simple and yet complex at the same time. i like it. well done! write on!
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Oh, I truly love this. I can see a whole story with those three intriguing lines (of first love and then moving on after it.) Beautiful.
Killuminati chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Maybe I'm reading a bit more out of this then there really is, but here is what I got out of it. It seems to me like the relationship was fun while it lasted, but being it was her first relationship it was somewhat hard to get over but now shes finally over it it. Also, being that it was her first, she feels quite disappointed that it didn't live up to her expectations of love as she imagined growing up.

Like I said maybe I'm reading more into it then what's there but I really felt like that is what happened.

It was a pleasure reading.

Killuminati
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
You know, we don't have Wendy's here in Australia. Lucky for you, I happened to dine at one on my vacation.

I like how the beginning is kind of ambiguous, it leads you into thinking the girl is falling in love, but the second half finishes the romance before it goes anywhere. Perhaps it's just because it's written as a haiku and I'm looking too far into it, but I get the feeling the romance was short-lived, or the narrator is happy to forget about the whole ordeal.

Great stuff, the pleasure was mine, as always.

Goodnight,